Day to savour for rugby youngsters
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.
Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
The game should have been played last week ahead of Tigers' home fixture against Wasps, but the kick-off was brought forward due to the freezing conditions and the Prima Cup games did not take place, so Wymondham got to travel to Leicester two weeks running.
Thanks must go to the coaches and the players and their families for their commitment and dedication to the game, last week they left home in heavy snow with a risk of lots more to come, and they had a 6.30pm start this morning.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks