Day to savour for rugby youngsters
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.
Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
The game should have been played last week ahead of Tigers' home fixture against Wasps, but the kick-off was brought forward due to the freezing conditions and the Prima Cup games did not take place, so Wymondham got to travel to Leicester two weeks running.
Thanks must go to the coaches and the players and their families for their commitment and dedication to the game, last week they left home in heavy snow with a risk of lots more to come, and they had a 6.30pm start this morning.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 10 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk