Day to savour for rugby youngsters
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.
Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
The game should have been played last week ahead of Tigers' home fixture against Wasps, but the kick-off was brought forward due to the freezing conditions and the Prima Cup games did not take place, so Wymondham got to travel to Leicester two weeks running.
Thanks must go to the coaches and the players and their families for their commitment and dedication to the game, last week they left home in heavy snow with a risk of lots more to come, and they had a 6.30pm start this morning.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu