Day to savour for rugby youngsters
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
Wymondham and Diss U10 rugby sides experienced the thrill of playing at Welford Road, home of the Leicester Tigers.
Wymondham lost 2-1 to Nottingham in the quarter-finals of the Prima Cup with the try scored by Tom Poole, in what was a very close match, and Diss lost 1-0 against Market Harborough.
The game should have been played last week ahead of Tigers' home fixture against Wasps, but the kick-off was brought forward due to the freezing conditions and the Prima Cup games did not take place, so Wymondham got to travel to Leicester two weeks running.
Thanks must go to the coaches and the players and their families for their commitment and dedication to the game, last week they left home in heavy snow with a risk of lots more to come, and they had a 6.30pm start this morning.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage