Diss A lose out
After opening their account the previous week, Diss A suffered an emphatic defeat away at Brooke A on Saturday. Diss welcomed back Jack Bell but retained the majority of the side that had played the week before.
After opening their account the previous week, Diss A suffered an emphatic defeat away at Brooke A on Saturday.
Diss welcomed back Jack Bell but retained the majority of the side that had played the week before. Brooke elected to bat first and openers Cushing and Ingham put on a good stand before Jody Sparrow removed the latter for 31, well caught by Spinks at slip.
Many of the Brooke batsmen chipped in, with Cushing's 53 proving to be the top score. Dan Betts got purchase from a decent batting track, Robbie West huffed and puffed but just couldn't find a way through and Tom Catalano again demonstrated his bowling prowess with another wicket.
Bell created something to cheer about with a five- minute double salvo late on. On the whole, Diss will be disappointed at conceding 32 extras, although Jamie Allen showed agile footwork and splendid handling behind the stumps.
You may also want to watch:
Diss knew they faced a tall order, and things got much worse when Mark Williamson was on the wrong end of an extremely dubious decision from the umpire. Sean Merrick and Ben Spinks saw off the opening pair but a lack of boundaries raised the required run rate.
Diss slumped to 57-6 after spinner Carver took an incredible 4-7 off his first seven overs. However, those spectators that stayed on were treated to a few lusty blows from Dan Betts (18) and Robbie West (9). Andy Tebble contributed a mature 23 and when joined by Sparrow 115-9, Diss had seven overs to see out and grab a losing draw.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 7 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 8 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
The pair put up a valiant fight, but the returning Hayman snared the unfortunate Tebble.
Diss can feel slightly unfortunate at not getting something out of the game.
Brooke A 252-6 (46 overs), Diss A 119 (44 overs).