Diss A lose out
After opening their account the previous week, Diss A suffered an emphatic defeat away at Brooke A on Saturday. Diss welcomed back Jack Bell but retained the majority of the side that had played the week before.
After opening their account the previous week, Diss A suffered an emphatic defeat away at Brooke A on Saturday.
Diss welcomed back Jack Bell but retained the majority of the side that had played the week before. Brooke elected to bat first and openers Cushing and Ingham put on a good stand before Jody Sparrow removed the latter for 31, well caught by Spinks at slip.
Many of the Brooke batsmen chipped in, with Cushing's 53 proving to be the top score. Dan Betts got purchase from a decent batting track, Robbie West huffed and puffed but just couldn't find a way through and Tom Catalano again demonstrated his bowling prowess with another wicket.
Bell created something to cheer about with a five- minute double salvo late on. On the whole, Diss will be disappointed at conceding 32 extras, although Jamie Allen showed agile footwork and splendid handling behind the stumps.
You may also want to watch:
Diss knew they faced a tall order, and things got much worse when Mark Williamson was on the wrong end of an extremely dubious decision from the umpire. Sean Merrick and Ben Spinks saw off the opening pair but a lack of boundaries raised the required run rate.
Diss slumped to 57-6 after spinner Carver took an incredible 4-7 off his first seven overs. However, those spectators that stayed on were treated to a few lusty blows from Dan Betts (18) and Robbie West (9). Andy Tebble contributed a mature 23 and when joined by Sparrow 115-9, Diss had seven overs to see out and grab a losing draw.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 10 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
The pair put up a valiant fight, but the returning Hayman snared the unfortunate Tebble.
Diss can feel slightly unfortunate at not getting something out of the game.
Brooke A 252-6 (46 overs), Diss A 119 (44 overs).