Diss A lose out
After opening their account the previous week, Diss A suffered an emphatic defeat away at Brooke A on Saturday. Diss welcomed back Jack Bell but retained the majority of the side that had played the week before.
After opening their account the previous week, Diss A suffered an emphatic defeat away at Brooke A on Saturday.
Diss welcomed back Jack Bell but retained the majority of the side that had played the week before. Brooke elected to bat first and openers Cushing and Ingham put on a good stand before Jody Sparrow removed the latter for 31, well caught by Spinks at slip.
Many of the Brooke batsmen chipped in, with Cushing's 53 proving to be the top score. Dan Betts got purchase from a decent batting track, Robbie West huffed and puffed but just couldn't find a way through and Tom Catalano again demonstrated his bowling prowess with another wicket.
Bell created something to cheer about with a five- minute double salvo late on. On the whole, Diss will be disappointed at conceding 32 extras, although Jamie Allen showed agile footwork and splendid handling behind the stumps.
You may also want to watch:
Diss knew they faced a tall order, and things got much worse when Mark Williamson was on the wrong end of an extremely dubious decision from the umpire. Sean Merrick and Ben Spinks saw off the opening pair but a lack of boundaries raised the required run rate.
Diss slumped to 57-6 after spinner Carver took an incredible 4-7 off his first seven overs. However, those spectators that stayed on were treated to a few lusty blows from Dan Betts (18) and Robbie West (9). Andy Tebble contributed a mature 23 and when joined by Sparrow 115-9, Diss had seven overs to see out and grab a losing draw.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
The pair put up a valiant fight, but the returning Hayman snared the unfortunate Tebble.
Diss can feel slightly unfortunate at not getting something out of the game.
Brooke A 252-6 (46 overs), Diss A 119 (44 overs).