Diss and District Bowls Club to stage open week
- Credit: James Bass
Diss and District Bowls Club will be holding an open week later in the month.
It will be open for everyone, young and older, with an opportunity being provided to try indoor and outdoor bowls. Just turn up and have a go or check out the club's facilities.
The event will be running from Monday to Friday, August 14 to 18, from 7 to 9pm and on Saturday, August 19 from 10am to 1pm.
The club is situated opposite Fair Green behind The Cock Inn.
The club will also be holding an Open Drive on Monday, August 28 at 2pm. The cost is £5 including a light buffet. Booking is essential.
You may also want to watch:
For further information about either event contact 01379 642908.
Golf: Diss Golf Club Seniors and Bungay Seniors once again did battle in the WW2 Tin Hat Challenge with Diss coming out worthy winners.Seniors' Captain Mike Doig was presented with the trophy by Bungay Captain Bill Carson.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 7 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 8 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 'We have a masterplan' - effort to vaccinate housebound patients intensifies