Diss and District Bowls Club to stage open week
- Credit: James Bass
Diss and District Bowls Club will be holding an open week later in the month.
It will be open for everyone, young and older, with an opportunity being provided to try indoor and outdoor bowls. Just turn up and have a go or check out the club's facilities.
The event will be running from Monday to Friday, August 14 to 18, from 7 to 9pm and on Saturday, August 19 from 10am to 1pm.
The club is situated opposite Fair Green behind The Cock Inn.
The club will also be holding an Open Drive on Monday, August 28 at 2pm. The cost is £5 including a light buffet. Booking is essential.
You may also want to watch:
For further information about either event contact 01379 642908.
Golf: Diss Golf Club Seniors and Bungay Seniors once again did battle in the WW2 Tin Hat Challenge with Diss coming out worthy winners.Seniors' Captain Mike Doig was presented with the trophy by Bungay Captain Bill Carson.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk