Diss athletes battle it out
Diss and District Athletic Club competed in the final match at Ipswich Northgate Stadium on Saturday.As predicted, this match became a battle between top team Huntingdon AC and West Suffolk/Diss in second position.
Diss and District Athletic Club competed in the final match at Ipswich Northgate Stadium on Saturday.
As predicted, this match became a battle between top team Huntingdon AC and West Suffolk/Diss in second position. Fortunately, West Suffolk had a stronger team available as Diss had only two athletes in action with captain Simon Bowman on duty elsewhere.
Both Gordon Coe and Max Burrows scored well. Gordon won the pole vault with 2.60m, second A shot 10.03m, second A discus with 27.14m. Max was second in the A 200m in 25.8 seconds, second in the A 100m 12.2 and second in the A long jump 5.01m.
The team could not compete in the 110m hurdles or steeplechase losing 24 points to Huntingdon. Outstanding for West Suffolk were C Ridley first 5,000m in 17:19.7 and A Harland first javelin 53.35m.
You may also want to watch:
Final results: 1 Huntingdon 199, 2 W Suffolk/Diss 170, 3 London Heathside 55, 4 London AC 34.
Diss were in second position in the league before the match and whether they will be promoted or not depends on the results in the other league match.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk