Diss athletes battle it out
Diss and District Athletic Club competed in the final match at Ipswich Northgate Stadium on Saturday.As predicted, this match became a battle between top team Huntingdon AC and West Suffolk/Diss in second position.
Diss and District Athletic Club competed in the final match at Ipswich Northgate Stadium on Saturday.
As predicted, this match became a battle between top team Huntingdon AC and West Suffolk/Diss in second position. Fortunately, West Suffolk had a stronger team available as Diss had only two athletes in action with captain Simon Bowman on duty elsewhere.
Both Gordon Coe and Max Burrows scored well. Gordon won the pole vault with 2.60m, second A shot 10.03m, second A discus with 27.14m. Max was second in the A 200m in 25.8 seconds, second in the A 100m 12.2 and second in the A long jump 5.01m.
The team could not compete in the 110m hurdles or steeplechase losing 24 points to Huntingdon. Outstanding for West Suffolk were C Ridley first 5,000m in 17:19.7 and A Harland first javelin 53.35m.
You may also want to watch:
Final results: 1 Huntingdon 199, 2 W Suffolk/Diss 170, 3 London Heathside 55, 4 London AC 34.
Diss were in second position in the league before the match and whether they will be promoted or not depends on the results in the other league match.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140