Diss athletes battle it out
Diss and District Athletic Club competed in the final match at Ipswich Northgate Stadium on Saturday.As predicted, this match became a battle between top team Huntingdon AC and West Suffolk/Diss in second position.
Diss and District Athletic Club competed in the final match at Ipswich Northgate Stadium on Saturday.
As predicted, this match became a battle between top team Huntingdon AC and West Suffolk/Diss in second position. Fortunately, West Suffolk had a stronger team available as Diss had only two athletes in action with captain Simon Bowman on duty elsewhere.
Both Gordon Coe and Max Burrows scored well. Gordon won the pole vault with 2.60m, second A shot 10.03m, second A discus with 27.14m. Max was second in the A 200m in 25.8 seconds, second in the A 100m 12.2 and second in the A long jump 5.01m.
The team could not compete in the 110m hurdles or steeplechase losing 24 points to Huntingdon. Outstanding for West Suffolk were C Ridley first 5,000m in 17:19.7 and A Harland first javelin 53.35m.
You may also want to watch:
Final results: 1 Huntingdon 199, 2 W Suffolk/Diss 170, 3 London Heathside 55, 4 London AC 34.
Diss were in second position in the league before the match and whether they will be promoted or not depends on the results in the other league match.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days