Diss CC lose tight game
For their first Alliance Premier Division match of the season Diss CC visited Topcroft and disappointingly lost a tight game by six wickets.Losing the toss and asked to bat on a tricky wicket, Diss found runs hard to get and found themselves in trouble at 35-4.
For their first Alliance Premier Division match of the season Diss CC visited Topcroft and disappointingly lost a tight game by six wickets.
Losing the toss and asked to bat on a tricky wicket, Diss found runs hard to get and found themselves in trouble at 35-4.
This brought skipper Dave Tooke and his father Micky to the crease.
In a stand of 66 they gradually retrieved the situation. Mick rolled back the years and the final total of 160-6 was due in no small measure to his magnificent 63 not out.
You may also want to watch:
Son David with 33 and Simon Cooper with 22 both helped to attain the final score of 160-6.
Replying, the home side attacked with vigour, the bowling of Germon and Dungar putting on 65 before being parted.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 9 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
First-change bowlers Simon Cooper and Karl Gooderham slowed things down, opener Todd was superbly run out with a direct hit from Dawson.
A fine spell by Chris Cooper saw a close finish in prospect.
Topcroft finally won in the penultimate over helped in no small way by 23 wides and three no balls as against 11 by their opponents.
Tom Weal has made the wicketkeeper spot his own with another impressive display and could not be faulted in the six wicket defeat.
On Saturday Diss are at home to Cromer, 1pm start.
Scorers: Diss (4pts) 160-6 (M Tooke 63 not out, D Tooke 33), Topcroft (20) 163-4 (Todd 46, D Tooke 2-30).
Diss man of the match: Mick Tooke.