Diss CC lose tight game
For their first Alliance Premier Division match of the season Diss CC visited Topcroft and disappointingly lost a tight game by six wickets.Losing the toss and asked to bat on a tricky wicket, Diss found runs hard to get and found themselves in trouble at 35-4.
For their first Alliance Premier Division match of the season Diss CC visited Topcroft and disappointingly lost a tight game by six wickets.
Losing the toss and asked to bat on a tricky wicket, Diss found runs hard to get and found themselves in trouble at 35-4.
This brought skipper Dave Tooke and his father Micky to the crease.
In a stand of 66 they gradually retrieved the situation. Mick rolled back the years and the final total of 160-6 was due in no small measure to his magnificent 63 not out.
You may also want to watch:
Son David with 33 and Simon Cooper with 22 both helped to attain the final score of 160-6.
Replying, the home side attacked with vigour, the bowling of Germon and Dungar putting on 65 before being parted.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
First-change bowlers Simon Cooper and Karl Gooderham slowed things down, opener Todd was superbly run out with a direct hit from Dawson.
A fine spell by Chris Cooper saw a close finish in prospect.
Topcroft finally won in the penultimate over helped in no small way by 23 wides and three no balls as against 11 by their opponents.
Tom Weal has made the wicketkeeper spot his own with another impressive display and could not be faulted in the six wicket defeat.
On Saturday Diss are at home to Cromer, 1pm start.
Scorers: Diss (4pts) 160-6 (M Tooke 63 not out, D Tooke 33), Topcroft (20) 163-4 (Todd 46, D Tooke 2-30).
Diss man of the match: Mick Tooke.