Diss cricketers all set for league
For the final warm-up game before the serious business of league cricket starts, a mixed Diss team scored a comfortable 28-run victory over Beccles.Diss, batting first, made 196 depending almost entirely on a third wicket stand of 132, batsmen Chris Cooper and David Tooke.
For the final warm up game before the serious business of league cricket starts, a mixed Diss team scored a comfortable 28-run victory over Beccles.
Diss, batting first, made 196 depending almost entirely on a third wicket stand of 132, batsmen Chris Cooper and David Tooke. Cooper scored a magnificent 102 with nine fours and five sixes. I Tooke made 49 before being bowled.
No one else got double figures and Diss were grateful for the 24 extras that got them to their final total.
Aldridge and Barber bowled well for the visitors.
Replying, Beccles were always behind the clock. Porter made 42 and Warnes 37 in a third-wicket stand of 77 but R Tooke and Chris Cooper bowling their spinners cleared things up at the end.
Tom Weal had another fine game behind the stumps, but Diss conceded too many illegal deliveries, 23 wides and seven no-balls and must tighten up in this department.
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 9 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 10 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
The first Premier League match is on Saturday, May 2, away to Topcroft and the A team are at home to Topcroft A, both matches start at 1pm.
Scores - Diss 196; C Cooper 102, D Tooke 49, Barber 3-29. Beccles: 168; Porter 42, R Tooke 3-31.
Diss won by 28 runs. Diss man of the match: Chris Cooper.