Diss cricketers all set for league
For the final warm-up game before the serious business of league cricket starts, a mixed Diss team scored a comfortable 28-run victory over Beccles.Diss, batting first, made 196 depending almost entirely on a third wicket stand of 132, batsmen Chris Cooper and David Tooke.
For the final warm up game before the serious business of league cricket starts, a mixed Diss team scored a comfortable 28-run victory over Beccles.
Diss, batting first, made 196 depending almost entirely on a third wicket stand of 132, batsmen Chris Cooper and David Tooke. Cooper scored a magnificent 102 with nine fours and five sixes. I Tooke made 49 before being bowled.
No one else got double figures and Diss were grateful for the 24 extras that got them to their final total.
Aldridge and Barber bowled well for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Replying, Beccles were always behind the clock. Porter made 42 and Warnes 37 in a third-wicket stand of 77 but R Tooke and Chris Cooper bowling their spinners cleared things up at the end.
Tom Weal had another fine game behind the stumps, but Diss conceded too many illegal deliveries, 23 wides and seven no-balls and must tighten up in this department.
- 1 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 2 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 10 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
The first Premier League match is on Saturday, May 2, away to Topcroft and the A team are at home to Topcroft A, both matches start at 1pm.
Scores - Diss 196; C Cooper 102, D Tooke 49, Barber 3-29. Beccles: 168; Porter 42, R Tooke 3-31.
Diss won by 28 runs. Diss man of the match: Chris Cooper.