Diss ease through in cup
DISS CC eased to a 45-run win in the Carter Cup on Sunday, beating Stow.Put into bat, Diss lost an early wicket with the loss of Wilby bowled for a duck in the first over, but Kerry Rush and Will Dawson after a patient start put together an excellent partnership of 164 before Will was out for a good 84.
DISS CC eased to a 45-run win in the Carter Cup on Sunday, beating Stow.
Put into bat, Diss lost an early wicket with the loss of Wilby bowled for a duck in the first over, but Kerry Rush and Will Dawson after a patient start put together an excellent partnership of 164 before Will was out for a good 84.
Kerry followed soon after for 68.
After losing two further quick wickets to leave Diss 174-5, skipper David Tooke and Simon Cooper formed a hard-hitting duo as the game swung back in Diss' favour.
You may also want to watch:
Their partnership had reached 95 before Tooke was bowled for 37. Simon Cooper was shortly afterwards run out for 50 and the Diss score ended on 279-8 off their allotted 60 overs.
When Stow batted, Bannan and Thomson got them off to a steady start before Rush caught and bowled Thomson for 10 with the score at 18.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 9 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
Chadra and Bannan then started to get on top of the Diss bowling, especially Chadra with a flurry of boundaries and for a short time the game started to go in Stow's favour.
However, Simon Cooper got rid of the dangerous Chadra, well caught behind by Diss wicketkeeper Tom Beal for a superb 55.
When Glen Bannan fell with the score on 97, bowled by Chris Cooper for 22, the game turned firmly back in Diss' favour.
Although R Jones with 42 and contributions from his other team mates, Stow were always wanting seven/eight runs an over which was looking a tall order.
The wickets were shared between the Diss bowlers with Rush, the Cooper brothers with two wickets each and Will Dawson with two late wickets and with David Tooke and Chris German taking a wicket each, the Stow score finished on 234, to leave Diss winners by 45 runs.
Diss 279-8 (Dawson 84, Rush 68, S Cooper 50, D Tooke 37), Stow 234 all out (Dawson 2-4, Rush 2-44, C Cooper 2-41, S Cooper 2-50).