Diss ease through in cup
DISS CC eased to a 45-run win in the Carter Cup on Sunday, beating Stow.Put into bat, Diss lost an early wicket with the loss of Wilby bowled for a duck in the first over, but Kerry Rush and Will Dawson after a patient start put together an excellent partnership of 164 before Will was out for a good 84.
DISS CC eased to a 45-run win in the Carter Cup on Sunday, beating Stow.
Put into bat, Diss lost an early wicket with the loss of Wilby bowled for a duck in the first over, but Kerry Rush and Will Dawson after a patient start put together an excellent partnership of 164 before Will was out for a good 84.
Kerry followed soon after for 68.
After losing two further quick wickets to leave Diss 174-5, skipper David Tooke and Simon Cooper formed a hard-hitting duo as the game swung back in Diss' favour.
You may also want to watch:
Their partnership had reached 95 before Tooke was bowled for 37. Simon Cooper was shortly afterwards run out for 50 and the Diss score ended on 279-8 off their allotted 60 overs.
When Stow batted, Bannan and Thomson got them off to a steady start before Rush caught and bowled Thomson for 10 with the score at 18.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Town's Estate Agent offers to print school work for children during lockdown
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Weather warning issued for icy surfaces
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
Chadra and Bannan then started to get on top of the Diss bowling, especially Chadra with a flurry of boundaries and for a short time the game started to go in Stow's favour.
However, Simon Cooper got rid of the dangerous Chadra, well caught behind by Diss wicketkeeper Tom Beal for a superb 55.
When Glen Bannan fell with the score on 97, bowled by Chris Cooper for 22, the game turned firmly back in Diss' favour.
Although R Jones with 42 and contributions from his other team mates, Stow were always wanting seven/eight runs an over which was looking a tall order.
The wickets were shared between the Diss bowlers with Rush, the Cooper brothers with two wickets each and Will Dawson with two late wickets and with David Tooke and Chris German taking a wicket each, the Stow score finished on 234, to leave Diss winners by 45 runs.
Diss 279-8 (Dawson 84, Rush 68, S Cooper 50, D Tooke 37), Stow 234 all out (Dawson 2-4, Rush 2-44, C Cooper 2-41, S Cooper 2-50).