Diss fight back to win
Long Melford 1, Diss Town 2Diss Town came from behind at half time to make it 13 points from five games to keep the pressure on the teams above them in the promotion places at Long Melford last Saturday.
Long Melford 1, Diss Town 2
Diss Town came from behind at half time to make it 13 points from five games to keep the pressure on the teams above them in the promotion places at Long Melford last Saturday.
Long Melford started the game well with Adam Flack and ex-Tangerine Sam Banya high with shots. Xavier Huckle forced Jack Sibley into a save from a fine Craig Skipp pass as Diss gradually created the better chances.
In the last 15 minutes of the first half Sam Bryant was high with a header, a Luke Catchpole goal bound shot was deflected wide and Sibley did well to tip a Brendan Foley header over and block a shot from Huckle. Long Melford took the lead with the last action of the first half. Ally McAnally made a fine save to push a shot away from Flack. Daniel Statham shot in at the far post at the resulting corner.
You may also want to watch:
The Tangerines equalised three minutes into the second half when a shot from Catchpole hit the post and Dan Wynne was held back as Stuart Garner turned the ball back into the danger area.
A penalty was awarded and Garner sent the ball into the net off a post having sent Sibley the wrong way. George Watt-Sturrock came close to putting Diss ahead before Bryant did in the 65th minute. He rose at the far post to head in a centre from Stuart Jenkinson. Sibley made a great late save to prevent Huckle increasing the lead.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
Diss team: Ally McAnally, Stuart Jenkinson, Stuart Garner, Mark Shadrack, Brendan Foley, Craig Skipp, George Watts-Sturrock, Luke Catchpole, Dan Wynne, Xavier Huckle, Sam Bryant.
Diss subs (none used): Jordan Rocastle, Matt Webster, Andy Moody and Max Kirkby.