Diss fight back to win
Long Melford 1, Diss Town 2Diss Town came from behind at half time to make it 13 points from five games to keep the pressure on the teams above them in the promotion places at Long Melford last Saturday.
Long Melford 1, Diss Town 2
Diss Town came from behind at half time to make it 13 points from five games to keep the pressure on the teams above them in the promotion places at Long Melford last Saturday.
Long Melford started the game well with Adam Flack and ex-Tangerine Sam Banya high with shots. Xavier Huckle forced Jack Sibley into a save from a fine Craig Skipp pass as Diss gradually created the better chances.
In the last 15 minutes of the first half Sam Bryant was high with a header, a Luke Catchpole goal bound shot was deflected wide and Sibley did well to tip a Brendan Foley header over and block a shot from Huckle. Long Melford took the lead with the last action of the first half. Ally McAnally made a fine save to push a shot away from Flack. Daniel Statham shot in at the far post at the resulting corner.
You may also want to watch:
The Tangerines equalised three minutes into the second half when a shot from Catchpole hit the post and Dan Wynne was held back as Stuart Garner turned the ball back into the danger area.
A penalty was awarded and Garner sent the ball into the net off a post having sent Sibley the wrong way. George Watt-Sturrock came close to putting Diss ahead before Bryant did in the 65th minute. He rose at the far post to head in a centre from Stuart Jenkinson. Sibley made a great late save to prevent Huckle increasing the lead.
- 1 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 2 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 3 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 4 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 7 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 What will the weather be like this week for outdoor reopening?
Diss team: Ally McAnally, Stuart Jenkinson, Stuart Garner, Mark Shadrack, Brendan Foley, Craig Skipp, George Watts-Sturrock, Luke Catchpole, Dan Wynne, Xavier Huckle, Sam Bryant.
Diss subs (none used): Jordan Rocastle, Matt Webster, Andy Moody and Max Kirkby.