Diss Girls triumph
Diss High School's U16 Girls' football team won the county league finals at Anglian Window Sports Club.They beat Sprowston 1-0 (Freya Evans), drew 0-0 with Reepham and their final game was against Hellesdon and they had to win it to be crowned champions.
Diss High School's U16 Girls' football team won the county league finals at Anglian Window Sports Club.
They beat Sprowston 1-0 (Freya Evans), drew 0-0 with Reepham and their final game was against Hellesdon and they had to win it to be crowned champions. Hayley Peverley scored a cracking goal from 25 yards out.
This was a well-deserved win after another successful year for the U16 girls.
They narrowly missed out on winning the County Cup to Thorpe and again, for the second year running, they got to the last 32 in England in the English Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are, back row (from left): Lila Aid, Kelsie Hain, Freya Evans, Hayley Peverley (captain), Kristina Brinkley, Sarah McGahan, Ellen Shailes.
Front row: Taryn Young, Claire Fairweather, Charlotte Catalano, Hannah Archibald, Hannah Bray, Nikki Hines, Georgie Walne.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 5 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 8 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 9 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late