Diss Golf Club Ladies celebrate double trophy triumph
- Credit: Steph Mendham
Continuing the great success of Diss Golf Club Ladies' Section in Suffolk County matches this year, Diss Ladies have marked winning the final of the Suffolk County Stearn Trophy.
The final on October 1 was held at Stowmarket Golf Club and saw them play against Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club, bagging the trophy almost 20 years to the day since winning it before.
The Stearn trophy is a competition for 12/20 handicaps. The Diss Ladies team was the same throughout, made up of Sarah Gotts and Becky Draper, Jane Izod and Val Mendham and Phillippa Bridges and Jenny Chamberlin.
The triumph followed another success when a different ladies team won the Suffolk Seniors Jubilee Shield on September 9.
The match, played at Ipswich Golf Club, against Woodbridge saw Diss GC represented by Jenny Chamberlin, Liz Speak, Sandra Bowman, Pat Parker, Jane Fishwick, Marie Needham, Val Mendham and Philippa Bridges, win the 4BBB final by a brilliant five holes up.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams celebrated with their trophies at the special event at the club on November 7.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 5 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos