Diss Golf Club Ladies celebrate double trophy triumph
- Credit: Steph Mendham
Continuing the great success of Diss Golf Club Ladies' Section in Suffolk County matches this year, Diss Ladies have marked winning the final of the Suffolk County Stearn Trophy.
The final on October 1 was held at Stowmarket Golf Club and saw them play against Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club, bagging the trophy almost 20 years to the day since winning it before.
The Stearn trophy is a competition for 12/20 handicaps. The Diss Ladies team was the same throughout, made up of Sarah Gotts and Becky Draper, Jane Izod and Val Mendham and Phillippa Bridges and Jenny Chamberlin.
The triumph followed another success when a different ladies team won the Suffolk Seniors Jubilee Shield on September 9.
The match, played at Ipswich Golf Club, against Woodbridge saw Diss GC represented by Jenny Chamberlin, Liz Speak, Sandra Bowman, Pat Parker, Jane Fishwick, Marie Needham, Val Mendham and Philippa Bridges, win the 4BBB final by a brilliant five holes up.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams celebrated with their trophies at the special event at the club on November 7.
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter