Diss Golf Club Ladies celebrate double trophy triumph
- Credit: Steph Mendham
Continuing the great success of Diss Golf Club Ladies' Section in Suffolk County matches this year, Diss Ladies have marked winning the final of the Suffolk County Stearn Trophy.
The final on October 1 was held at Stowmarket Golf Club and saw them play against Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club, bagging the trophy almost 20 years to the day since winning it before.
The Stearn trophy is a competition for 12/20 handicaps. The Diss Ladies team was the same throughout, made up of Sarah Gotts and Becky Draper, Jane Izod and Val Mendham and Phillippa Bridges and Jenny Chamberlin.
The triumph followed another success when a different ladies team won the Suffolk Seniors Jubilee Shield on September 9.
The match, played at Ipswich Golf Club, against Woodbridge saw Diss GC represented by Jenny Chamberlin, Liz Speak, Sandra Bowman, Pat Parker, Jane Fishwick, Marie Needham, Val Mendham and Philippa Bridges, win the 4BBB final by a brilliant five holes up.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams celebrated with their trophies at the special event at the club on November 7.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready