Diss Golf Club Ladies celebrate double trophy triumph
- Credit: Steph Mendham
Continuing the great success of Diss Golf Club Ladies' Section in Suffolk County matches this year, Diss Ladies have marked winning the final of the Suffolk County Stearn Trophy.
The final on October 1 was held at Stowmarket Golf Club and saw them play against Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club, bagging the trophy almost 20 years to the day since winning it before.
The Stearn trophy is a competition for 12/20 handicaps. The Diss Ladies team was the same throughout, made up of Sarah Gotts and Becky Draper, Jane Izod and Val Mendham and Phillippa Bridges and Jenny Chamberlin.
The triumph followed another success when a different ladies team won the Suffolk Seniors Jubilee Shield on September 9.
The match, played at Ipswich Golf Club, against Woodbridge saw Diss GC represented by Jenny Chamberlin, Liz Speak, Sandra Bowman, Pat Parker, Jane Fishwick, Marie Needham, Val Mendham and Philippa Bridges, win the 4BBB final by a brilliant five holes up.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams celebrated with their trophies at the special event at the club on November 7.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards