Diss Golf Club’s Texas Scramble proves a big draw
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 teams turned out for Diss Golf Club's Texas Scramble competition on Saturday morning.
The weather was dry but there was a cold wind that lasted all morning and made conditions challenging for the players taking part.
In a packed clubhouse the 2017 club captain Paul Wright presented the prizes to the winners in what was his last main presentation during his captaincy year.
The successfuul team was made up of Charlie Stammers, Aaron Thompson, Dennis and Barbara Millier.
The outgoing captain expressed his appreciation to everyone who had helped and supported him during the year, including the greenkeeping team for all their hard work during some difficult times over the course of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Paul was also delighted to report that the new head greenkeeper had settled in well.
To find out more about Diss Golf Club visit the official website www.dissgolf.co.uk.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk