Diss Golf Club’s Texas Scramble proves a big draw
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 teams turned out for Diss Golf Club's Texas Scramble competition on Saturday morning.
The weather was dry but there was a cold wind that lasted all morning and made conditions challenging for the players taking part.
In a packed clubhouse the 2017 club captain Paul Wright presented the prizes to the winners in what was his last main presentation during his captaincy year.
The successfuul team was made up of Charlie Stammers, Aaron Thompson, Dennis and Barbara Millier.
The outgoing captain expressed his appreciation to everyone who had helped and supported him during the year, including the greenkeeping team for all their hard work during some difficult times over the course of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Paul was also delighted to report that the new head greenkeeper had settled in well.
To find out more about Diss Golf Club visit the official website www.dissgolf.co.uk.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk