Diss Golf Club’s Texas Scramble proves a big draw
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 teams turned out for Diss Golf Club's Texas Scramble competition on Saturday morning.
The weather was dry but there was a cold wind that lasted all morning and made conditions challenging for the players taking part.
In a packed clubhouse the 2017 club captain Paul Wright presented the prizes to the winners in what was his last main presentation during his captaincy year.
The successfuul team was made up of Charlie Stammers, Aaron Thompson, Dennis and Barbara Millier.
The outgoing captain expressed his appreciation to everyone who had helped and supported him during the year, including the greenkeeping team for all their hard work during some difficult times over the course of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Paul was also delighted to report that the new head greenkeeper had settled in well.
To find out more about Diss Golf Club visit the official website www.dissgolf.co.uk.
- 1 From beauty to beer: businessman ready to revive village pub
- 2 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 3 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 4 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 5 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 6 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 7 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000