Diss Golf Club’s Texas Scramble proves a big draw
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 teams turned out for Diss Golf Club's Texas Scramble competition on Saturday morning.
The weather was dry but there was a cold wind that lasted all morning and made conditions challenging for the players taking part.
In a packed clubhouse the 2017 club captain Paul Wright presented the prizes to the winners in what was his last main presentation during his captaincy year.
The successfuul team was made up of Charlie Stammers, Aaron Thompson, Dennis and Barbara Millier.
The outgoing captain expressed his appreciation to everyone who had helped and supported him during the year, including the greenkeeping team for all their hard work during some difficult times over the course of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Paul was also delighted to report that the new head greenkeeper had settled in well.
To find out more about Diss Golf Club visit the official website www.dissgolf.co.uk.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 7 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?