Diss hit by slump
DISS Town fell to a second successive away defeat, 2-1 at Downham Town, and have now taken just two points from their last four Ridgeons League Division One games.
DISS Town fell to a second successive away defeat, 2-1 at Downham Town, and have now taken just two points from their last four Ridgeons League Division One games. Manager Rob Taylor brought Steve Best back into the defence after a two match suspension and pushed Ben Soanes into attack in place of Ben Deacon, who dropped down to the substitutes bench.
The Tangerines had more of the first half play but only had a single goal lead to show for it at the break. The goal came in the 18th minute when Luke Catchpole played the ball across for George Wilson to volley in from the edge of the penalty area for his fourth goal of the season. The best chance to increase the lead came just before half-time when Danny Jones played the ball across for Danny Partridge. He was unable to get a shot in but the ball ran to Ben Soanes to shoot wide. Downham equalised in the 48th minute. There was confusion between Steve Best and James Wilson and the ball ran through to Ash Smith to shoot past Matty Hill. Hill made a superb block to deny Smith when he ran clear and Ben Coe shot wide as Downham looked the more likely to get a winner.
They did do three minutes into added time. Craig Dickson raced away and was brought down just outside the penalty area by Adie Hayes, who was sent off for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Coe sent the free-kick into the top corner of the net to decide the match.
Diss: Matty Hill, Mark Shadrack, Ed Cussons, James Wilson, Steve Best, Adie Hayes, Luke Catchpole, George Wilson, Danny Partridge, Ben Soanes, Danny Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Diss subs: Osiris Gomes (for G Wilson 82 mins), Andy Moody, Steve Wright (for Catchpole 75 mins), Ben Deacon (for Partridge 71 mins) and Mark Fowler. Attendance: 102.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital