Diss hit rivals for six
Diss Town scored six for the first time this season in beating visitors FC Clacton on Saturday.After a lengthy delay due to injury - Mark Shadrack of Diss had 13 stitches in a head wound - Diss scored twice inside three minutes.
Diss Town scored six for the first time this season in beating visitors FC Clacton on Saturday.
After a lengthy delay due to injury - Mark Shadrack of Diss had 13 stitches in a head wound - Diss scored twice inside three minutes.
A fine pass from Jake Berry sent Danny Partridge through to open the scoring. Jason Hunt then headed in at an Ed Cussons corner.
Towards the first half a superb passing move resulted in Steve Wright crossing low for Hunt to score his second goal.
You may also want to watch:
Diss were playing their best football of the season and it they seemed capable of scoring in every attack.
Partridge burst through from his own half beating several players en route before shooting in from 12 yards out to make it 4-0 in the 50th minute.
- 1 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 2 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 9 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 10 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000
Gary Heighway pulled a goal back with a header at a 55th minute corner.
ben Soanes headed goal wards for Partridge to complete his hat-trick with a deft back-header from close range to a 63rd minute Berry free-kick.
Dave Adams scored from three yards out to make it 6-1 when the goalkeeper spilled a 70th-minute Cussons low cross.
Three minutes later Kevin Coyle pulled another goal back despite Diss claims for hand-ball.
Final score: Diss Town 6, FC Clacton 2.