Diss Hockey Club return to winning ways
North Walsham 1, Diss 4
Diss travelled up to Cromer looking to get back to winning ways.
North Walsham started the stronger and the Diss keeper Gemma Burton was called upon to make a smart save after five minutes.
Diss started to get back into the game, but still couldn't find their early season form. With Walsham possibly the better side Diss took the lead when the impressive Lucy Kershaw combined with Toni Glover and her cross was tucked away by Danni Strange in her game of the season.
Diss then took control and scored a second when Strange's persistence enabled Glover to smash the ball in from five yards.
Walsham didn't give up and got themselves on the score sheet when the Diss defence failed to stop a Walsham player charging into the D. Although her shot was covered by the Diss keeper, it took a wicked deflection from defender Pam Keeley to leave Burton with no chance to stop the ball crossing the line.
The first half finished 2-1 to Diss.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
Diss started the second half well and started to look like a title challenging team and it was no surprise when they added a third goal. It came after Glover had a shot blocked and Strange was on hand to calmly slot the ball past the Walsham keeper.
Although Walsham never gave up they didn't seem to be the same team that had given Diss such close games over the past few seasons and Diss added a fourth when Sam Howard's well placed shot nestled into the corner of the goal.
Diss went close on several occasions and Strange almost completed her hat-trick but was thwarted by the Walsham keeper who did well to keep the score down to four. Diss ran out quite comfortable winners in the end with the match finishing 4-1 to Diss.
Player of the match: Danni Strange.