Diss Hockey Club return to winning ways
North Walsham 1, Diss 4
Diss travelled up to Cromer looking to get back to winning ways.
North Walsham started the stronger and the Diss keeper Gemma Burton was called upon to make a smart save after five minutes.
Diss started to get back into the game, but still couldn't find their early season form. With Walsham possibly the better side Diss took the lead when the impressive Lucy Kershaw combined with Toni Glover and her cross was tucked away by Danni Strange in her game of the season.
Diss then took control and scored a second when Strange's persistence enabled Glover to smash the ball in from five yards.
You may also want to watch:
Walsham didn't give up and got themselves on the score sheet when the Diss defence failed to stop a Walsham player charging into the D. Although her shot was covered by the Diss keeper, it took a wicked deflection from defender Pam Keeley to leave Burton with no chance to stop the ball crossing the line.
The first half finished 2-1 to Diss.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 10 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
Diss started the second half well and started to look like a title challenging team and it was no surprise when they added a third goal. It came after Glover had a shot blocked and Strange was on hand to calmly slot the ball past the Walsham keeper.
Although Walsham never gave up they didn't seem to be the same team that had given Diss such close games over the past few seasons and Diss added a fourth when Sam Howard's well placed shot nestled into the corner of the goal.
Diss went close on several occasions and Strange almost completed her hat-trick but was thwarted by the Walsham keeper who did well to keep the score down to four. Diss ran out quite comfortable winners in the end with the match finishing 4-1 to Diss.
Player of the match: Danni Strange.