Diss in hockey derby battle
HOCKEY: Diss Ladies travelled to play Old Buckenham hoping to pick themseves up from the previous week's defeat, but it seemed Diss were suffering from that result and went behind to a somewhat controversial goal.
Bucks had a short corner and as the shot came in the ball got raised into the air, hit a Diss defender in the shoulder and dropped onto the goal line – with several players stopping thinking they had heard a whistle, a Bucks forward tapped the ball into the net.
Diss promptly went straight down the other end and scored, Glover scoring a great goal for her 19th of the season. From then on it was all Diss and they scored another three goals before half-time from Chenery, Woods and another from Glover.
The second half was once again played mainly in the Bucks half with Rolingson, Sheedy and Howard dominating the midfield.
Bucks had moments of good play and tried to get back into the game but Diss' superiority could not be stopped and it was no surprise when the visitors scored again through Rolingson to make it 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
Diss kept pressing and had several half-chances but couldn't add to the score and the game finished 5-1.
Player of the match was named as Gaby Rolingson.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor