Diss in hockey derby battle
HOCKEY: Diss Ladies travelled to play Old Buckenham hoping to pick themseves up from the previous week's defeat, but it seemed Diss were suffering from that result and went behind to a somewhat controversial goal.
Bucks had a short corner and as the shot came in the ball got raised into the air, hit a Diss defender in the shoulder and dropped onto the goal line – with several players stopping thinking they had heard a whistle, a Bucks forward tapped the ball into the net.
Diss promptly went straight down the other end and scored, Glover scoring a great goal for her 19th of the season. From then on it was all Diss and they scored another three goals before half-time from Chenery, Woods and another from Glover.
The second half was once again played mainly in the Bucks half with Rolingson, Sheedy and Howard dominating the midfield.
Bucks had moments of good play and tried to get back into the game but Diss' superiority could not be stopped and it was no surprise when the visitors scored again through Rolingson to make it 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
Diss kept pressing and had several half-chances but couldn't add to the score and the game finished 5-1.
Player of the match was named as Gaby Rolingson.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries