Diss in pitch battle with Norwich
DISS IV travelled to Norwich III to play on a very good pitch which they are not used to in their normal travels and exceptional considering the recent weather.
Norwich III 10, Diss IV 31
The game had uncontested scrums from the start as Norwich could not produce three front-row players, but this meant that Diss had to be aware of their extra mobility around the park.
The game started well and after a few altercations and penalty awards Ben Askew had amounted nine points to his afternoon's total tally of 11.
Great play from Vinny Cooke in tackling the Norwich scrum-half at every opportunity and line-out work from Ian Kennedy set the platform for the win. Two tries from Benny Goodman storming through the centres and Josh Self flying from the back of the pack topped off with Joe Harwood crossing the whitewash after a line-out catch and rolling maul, which is becoming rare due to the ELV's, sealed this Merit Table clash with Norwich getting just two tries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk