Diss in pitch battle with Norwich
DISS IV travelled to Norwich III to play on a very good pitch which they are not used to in their normal travels and exceptional considering the recent weather.
Norwich III 10, Diss IV 31
The game had uncontested scrums from the start as Norwich could not produce three front-row players, but this meant that Diss had to be aware of their extra mobility around the park.
The game started well and after a few altercations and penalty awards Ben Askew had amounted nine points to his afternoon's total tally of 11.
Great play from Vinny Cooke in tackling the Norwich scrum-half at every opportunity and line-out work from Ian Kennedy set the platform for the win. Two tries from Benny Goodman storming through the centres and Josh Self flying from the back of the pack topped off with Joe Harwood crossing the whitewash after a line-out catch and rolling maul, which is becoming rare due to the ELV's, sealed this Merit Table clash with Norwich getting just two tries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 4 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 5 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths