Diss in pitch battle with Norwich
DISS IV travelled to Norwich III to play on a very good pitch which they are not used to in their normal travels and exceptional considering the recent weather.
Norwich III 10, Diss IV 31
The game had uncontested scrums from the start as Norwich could not produce three front-row players, but this meant that Diss had to be aware of their extra mobility around the park.
The game started well and after a few altercations and penalty awards Ben Askew had amounted nine points to his afternoon's total tally of 11.
Great play from Vinny Cooke in tackling the Norwich scrum-half at every opportunity and line-out work from Ian Kennedy set the platform for the win. Two tries from Benny Goodman storming through the centres and Josh Self flying from the back of the pack topped off with Joe Harwood crossing the whitewash after a line-out catch and rolling maul, which is becoming rare due to the ELV's, sealed this Merit Table clash with Norwich getting just two tries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 3 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Care home residents delighted by alpaca visit
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Couple's search for Norwich home for natural wine shop and bar