Diss in pitch battle with Norwich
DISS IV travelled to Norwich III to play on a very good pitch which they are not used to in their normal travels and exceptional considering the recent weather.
Norwich III 10, Diss IV 31
The game had uncontested scrums from the start as Norwich could not produce three front-row players, but this meant that Diss had to be aware of their extra mobility around the park.
The game started well and after a few altercations and penalty awards Ben Askew had amounted nine points to his afternoon's total tally of 11.
Great play from Vinny Cooke in tackling the Norwich scrum-half at every opportunity and line-out work from Ian Kennedy set the platform for the win. Two tries from Benny Goodman storming through the centres and Josh Self flying from the back of the pack topped off with Joe Harwood crossing the whitewash after a line-out catch and rolling maul, which is becoming rare due to the ELV's, sealed this Merit Table clash with Norwich getting just two tries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'