Diss in pitch battle with Norwich
DISS IV travelled to Norwich III to play on a very good pitch which they are not used to in their normal travels and exceptional considering the recent weather.
Norwich III 10, Diss IV 31
The game had uncontested scrums from the start as Norwich could not produce three front-row players, but this meant that Diss had to be aware of their extra mobility around the park.
The game started well and after a few altercations and penalty awards Ben Askew had amounted nine points to his afternoon's total tally of 11.
Great play from Vinny Cooke in tackling the Norwich scrum-half at every opportunity and line-out work from Ian Kennedy set the platform for the win. Two tries from Benny Goodman storming through the centres and Josh Self flying from the back of the pack topped off with Joe Harwood crossing the whitewash after a line-out catch and rolling maul, which is becoming rare due to the ELV's, sealed this Merit Table clash with Norwich getting just two tries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 7 Norfolk coronavirus cases fall but people urged to stick to lockdown
- 8 'We have a masterplan' - effort to vaccinate housebound patients intensifies
- 9 How will Covid-19 vaccine change your life - and your finances?
- 10 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers