Diss Ladies battle to fine win
Diss Ladies 3, Broadland 2DISS played a hard-fought hockey game which really showed the character of the team.After dominating the early play, with new girl Gaby Rollingson looking on top form, it was a surprise to see a hopeful long ball, played upfield by Broadland, catch out the Diss defence for them to go 1-0 up.
Diss Ladies 3, Broadland 2
DISS played a hard- fought hockey game which really showed the character of the team.
After dominating the early play, with new girl Gaby Rollingson looking on top form, it was a surprise to see a hopeful long ball, played upfield by Broadland, catch out the Diss defence for them to go 1-0 up.
The rest of the first half was quite even but Diss were unable to score.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with Diss making some positional changes, which seemed to make a significant difference.
Lucy Kershaw scored a great goal, converting a penalty corner after 50 minutes.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 5 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 8 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 9 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo
Broadland then got their noses in front once again with 20 minutes left. Diss' heads didn't drop and Tanya Chenery's persistence paid off as she poked the ball in from close range. With five minutes to go, and the game looking like ending in a draw, Chenery popped up to sweep the ball home for the winner.
The drama didn't stop there, with seconds left Broadland thought they had equalised only to have the goal ruled out for being outside the D.
The player of the match was Gaby Rollingson, also a special mention should go to other new girls - Kirsten Sheedy and Danni Strange - who both fitted in and played well.