Diss Ladies go top of their division
Diss Ladies went marching on at the top of Division Two of the M+A Partners Norfolk Hockey League when they beat bottom side Loddon II 3-0 in a hard-fought encounter.
Loddon tried to stop Diss from scoring even if it meant putting all 10 outfield players behind the ball. In the first half it worked well, reducing Diss to half chances, and with Loddon's goalkeeper in fine form the away side got frustrated and didn't look like breaking the deadlock.
The second half started the same way, with Loddon not looking to win the game but trying to make sure they didn't lose it.
Diss still didn't look like they would ever score and when the Loddon keeper pulled off a brilliant save from Toni Glover it looked like a draw was on the cards.
However to Diss' credit they kept driving forward and with Sam Howard dominating midfield trying to find the perfect pass, Diss finally got their reward when Glover smashed in a shot from just inside the D.
You may also want to watch:
You could sense the relief in the Diss team and Glover soon made it 2-0 with another great shot for her 17th of the season.
Loddon had no answer and Diss got a third when Danni Strange scored her first of the season which capped off a super individual performance.
- 1 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 2 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 5 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 6 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 7 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 8 The 57 Norfolk and Waveney schools offering summer holiday catch-up classes
- 9 'I was dreading it' - young people share tales of overcoming jab anxiety
- 10 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021
In the end it was a well deserved for Diss, although the hosts made them work hard for the points. Player of the match: Sam Howard.