Diss make early cup exit
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tn 1 Stowmarket Tn 3
The Tangerines were knocked out of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup at the first hurdle on Tuesday.
After a promising first 45 minutes, the Tangerines should have had more to show for their efforts than the 1-1 half-time scoreline. In the second half, they were guilty of some slack defending which allowed Stowmarket to score twice more and take control of the game
Tangerines boss Ross Potter made six changes from the side that started at Kings Lynn Reserves on Saturday, with Adam Burroughs, Chris Bird, Ben Lewis, Sam Wenham, Chris Holmes and Callum Olpin also making the starting line-up.
Diss took the lead in the 16th minute, when a cross from Danny Self was dropped by keeper Sharber, giving Chris Holmes the opportunity to find the net.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later some poor defending from a corner kick allowed the visitors to equalise through Mical Moore.
In the 60th minute Chris Bird was called upon to make a fine flying save to prevent a well-struck free-kick from just outside the area giving the visitors the lead.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
However, five minutes later Stowmarket took the lead through Paris Tuwizana, who then made it 3-1 in the 80th minute, heading home a Matt Dixon cross.