Diss make early cup exit
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tn 1 Stowmarket Tn 3
The Tangerines were knocked out of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup at the first hurdle on Tuesday.
After a promising first 45 minutes, the Tangerines should have had more to show for their efforts than the 1-1 half-time scoreline. In the second half, they were guilty of some slack defending which allowed Stowmarket to score twice more and take control of the game
Tangerines boss Ross Potter made six changes from the side that started at Kings Lynn Reserves on Saturday, with Adam Burroughs, Chris Bird, Ben Lewis, Sam Wenham, Chris Holmes and Callum Olpin also making the starting line-up.
Diss took the lead in the 16th minute, when a cross from Danny Self was dropped by keeper Sharber, giving Chris Holmes the opportunity to find the net.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later some poor defending from a corner kick allowed the visitors to equalise through Mical Moore.
In the 60th minute Chris Bird was called upon to make a fine flying save to prevent a well-struck free-kick from just outside the area giving the visitors the lead.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
However, five minutes later Stowmarket took the lead through Paris Tuwizana, who then made it 3-1 in the 80th minute, heading home a Matt Dixon cross.