Diss make early cup exit
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tn 1 Stowmarket Tn 3
The Tangerines were knocked out of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup at the first hurdle on Tuesday.
After a promising first 45 minutes, the Tangerines should have had more to show for their efforts than the 1-1 half-time scoreline. In the second half, they were guilty of some slack defending which allowed Stowmarket to score twice more and take control of the game
Tangerines boss Ross Potter made six changes from the side that started at Kings Lynn Reserves on Saturday, with Adam Burroughs, Chris Bird, Ben Lewis, Sam Wenham, Chris Holmes and Callum Olpin also making the starting line-up.
Diss took the lead in the 16th minute, when a cross from Danny Self was dropped by keeper Sharber, giving Chris Holmes the opportunity to find the net.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later some poor defending from a corner kick allowed the visitors to equalise through Mical Moore.
In the 60th minute Chris Bird was called upon to make a fine flying save to prevent a well-struck free-kick from just outside the area giving the visitors the lead.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
However, five minutes later Stowmarket took the lead through Paris Tuwizana, who then made it 3-1 in the 80th minute, heading home a Matt Dixon cross.