Diss Otters swimmers make presence felt in club’s big open gala
- Credit: Archant
Diss Otters held their biggest event of the year, the Sprint Open Gala, at the UEA Sportspark.
Nearly 250 swimmers from clubs in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire turned up and produced some great action for the large crowd.
The Otters sent a squad of over 50, taking part in 329 individual swims over distances between 50m and 400m.
Against tough opposition Diss came away with 60 medals (16 gold, 17 silver and 27 bronze), with a further 46 top six finishes.
The Otters also came away with a fantastic 59 percent of swims resulting in new personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
Medal winners for the Otters were Jude Ashken, Max Ashken, Daniel Bachu, Callum Blair, Max Brookes, Amber Daly, Cameron Day, Lottie Gates, Imogen Grimes, Thea Irvine, Evie Kemp, Matthew Munnings, Rosie Munnings, Sophia Pickering, Rowan Shearer, Matthew Tatum, Phoebe Tovell and Maddie Wood.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 5 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'