Diss Otters swimmers make presence felt in club’s big open gala
- Credit: Archant
Diss Otters held their biggest event of the year, the Sprint Open Gala, at the UEA Sportspark.
Nearly 250 swimmers from clubs in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire turned up and produced some great action for the large crowd.
The Otters sent a squad of over 50, taking part in 329 individual swims over distances between 50m and 400m.
Against tough opposition Diss came away with 60 medals (16 gold, 17 silver and 27 bronze), with a further 46 top six finishes.
The Otters also came away with a fantastic 59 percent of swims resulting in new personal bests.
Medal winners for the Otters were Jude Ashken, Max Ashken, Daniel Bachu, Callum Blair, Max Brookes, Amber Daly, Cameron Day, Lottie Gates, Imogen Grimes, Thea Irvine, Evie Kemp, Matthew Munnings, Rosie Munnings, Sophia Pickering, Rowan Shearer, Matthew Tatum, Phoebe Tovell and Maddie Wood.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?