Diss Otters swimmers make presence felt in club’s big open gala
- Credit: Archant
Diss Otters held their biggest event of the year, the Sprint Open Gala, at the UEA Sportspark.
Nearly 250 swimmers from clubs in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire turned up and produced some great action for the large crowd.
The Otters sent a squad of over 50, taking part in 329 individual swims over distances between 50m and 400m.
Against tough opposition Diss came away with 60 medals (16 gold, 17 silver and 27 bronze), with a further 46 top six finishes.
The Otters also came away with a fantastic 59 percent of swims resulting in new personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
Medal winners for the Otters were Jude Ashken, Max Ashken, Daniel Bachu, Callum Blair, Max Brookes, Amber Daly, Cameron Day, Lottie Gates, Imogen Grimes, Thea Irvine, Evie Kemp, Matthew Munnings, Rosie Munnings, Sophia Pickering, Rowan Shearer, Matthew Tatum, Phoebe Tovell and Maddie Wood.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?