Diss Otters swimmers make presence felt in club’s big open gala
- Credit: Archant
Diss Otters held their biggest event of the year, the Sprint Open Gala, at the UEA Sportspark.
Nearly 250 swimmers from clubs in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire turned up and produced some great action for the large crowd.
The Otters sent a squad of over 50, taking part in 329 individual swims over distances between 50m and 400m.
Against tough opposition Diss came away with 60 medals (16 gold, 17 silver and 27 bronze), with a further 46 top six finishes.
The Otters also came away with a fantastic 59 percent of swims resulting in new personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
Medal winners for the Otters were Jude Ashken, Max Ashken, Daniel Bachu, Callum Blair, Max Brookes, Amber Daly, Cameron Day, Lottie Gates, Imogen Grimes, Thea Irvine, Evie Kemp, Matthew Munnings, Rosie Munnings, Sophia Pickering, Rowan Shearer, Matthew Tatum, Phoebe Tovell and Maddie Wood.
- 1 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 2 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 5 Six-year-old cycles 100 laps to raise money for homeless
- 6 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140