Diss Otters swimmers make presence felt in club’s big open gala
- Credit: Archant
Diss Otters held their biggest event of the year, the Sprint Open Gala, at the UEA Sportspark.
Nearly 250 swimmers from clubs in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire turned up and produced some great action for the large crowd.
The Otters sent a squad of over 50, taking part in 329 individual swims over distances between 50m and 400m.
Against tough opposition Diss came away with 60 medals (16 gold, 17 silver and 27 bronze), with a further 46 top six finishes.
The Otters also came away with a fantastic 59 percent of swims resulting in new personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
Medal winners for the Otters were Jude Ashken, Max Ashken, Daniel Bachu, Callum Blair, Max Brookes, Amber Daly, Cameron Day, Lottie Gates, Imogen Grimes, Thea Irvine, Evie Kemp, Matthew Munnings, Rosie Munnings, Sophia Pickering, Rowan Shearer, Matthew Tatum, Phoebe Tovell and Maddie Wood.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour