Diss overcome two-goal deficit but lose points in chase for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town battled back from two goals down to draw 3-3 at home to Holland FC in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on Tuesday.
The Tangerines led 3-2 at one stage but had to settle for a point as they looked to restart their push for promotion.
An injury sustained in the defeat to Braintree on Saturday ruled out goalkeeper George MacRae, meaning that there was a late call-up for Lewis Riches.
Diss failed to clear a third minute free-kick which ended with Gary McIlwain scoring and Ray Turner doubled the lead four minutes later.
The hosts hit back quickly and two minutes later Joe Boulter pulled open back. Diss equalised four minutes before half-time when a pass from Ben Norton-Hugman found the head of a defender, the attempted back flick fell for Charlie Webb to loft the ball over the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after half-time Shaun Hunsdon blasted a penalty high over the bar, but Diss took the lead six minutes later when pressure from Sam Bryant resulted in a hurried clearance finding Boulter 20 yards out. His deflected shot wrong-footed Morrison and went into the corner of the net.
Webb was narrowly wide from an acute angle as the home team looked to add to their lead, their failure to do so was punished in the 76th minute when a free kick was headed away only as far as Terry Rymer, his shot from just outside the area flew in for the equaliser.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
Diss, who are at home to Cornard United on Saturday, lost 3-1 at Braintree on Saturday.
Braintree went ahead on 25 minutes but came out with a more positive outlook in the early stages of the second half and Hunsdon was high with his shot from nine yards out. Three minutes later Hunsdon lined up a free-kick and sent it low into the corner of the net for the equaliser.
That lead lasted only two minutes when Jake Thompson scored and Braintree made it 3-1 in the 84th minute when Alfie Cleal sent an unstoppable shot into the corner of the net.