Diss petanque teams go head to head
The Diss Waveney Petanque Club is guaranteed a team in the semi-finals of the County Knockout Shield for the first time in its history.Le Diss Sportif go head to head with Diss Duval at Brewers Green Lane this evening in the quarter-final, 7.
The Diss Waveney Petanque Club is guaranteed a team in the semi-finals of the County Knockout Shield for the first time in its history.
Le Diss Sportif go head-to-head with Diss Duval at Brewers Green Lane this evening in the quarter-final, 7.30pm.
Diss Vikings remain in promotion contention in Division Three of the Norfolk Petanque League following a 3-2 win at Bob Carter Leisure.
Captain Tony Bigley, Cyril Bromley and Pat Foreman got the visitors off to a fine start with a 13-10 win in the triples.
You may also want to watch:
Ronnie Bartrum and Ken Roberts won their doubles and another for Bigley and Peter Atkins secured victory.
Diss Duval stayed rooted to the foot of the table following a 3-2 home defeat against Eccles G2.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 9 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
The hosts made a good start with Margaret Haunton, Roger True and Steve Penny hitting back from 10-3 down to win 13-11 but the other triple went in favour of G2.
Duval fell 2-1 down when Penny and Peter Turner crashed 13-0 in five ends and defeat was confirmed when Jackie Johnson and Joyce Goodey let slip a seven-point lead to lose 13-10.
The home side finished on a high when in another comeback, True and Haunton pulled back from 10-4 down to win 13-12.
Le Diss Sportif had a trip to forget to St Faiths Wanderers Dolphins in Division Two.
They crashed to a 5-0 defeat with no players reaching double figures in the aggregate 65-37 defeat.
Norfolk Petanque League
Division Three: Diss Duval 2, Eccles G2 3 (aggregate 41-62).
Triples (Diss names first): J Johnson, J Goodey, P Turner lost 5-13 to R Cottee, C Golding, J Balaam. M Haunton, R True, S Penny beat N Long, R Hunt, B Balaam 13-11.
Doubles: M Haunton, R True beat B Balaam, D Wright 13-12; J Johnson, J Goodey lost 10-13 to R Holt, J Balaam; S Penny, P Turner lost 0-13 to N Long, S Secker.
Drayton Bob Carter Leisure 2, Diss Vikings 3 (aggregate 46-55).
Triples (Diss names first): P Atkins, R Bartrum, K Roberts lost 9-13 to M and P Skilling, P Cracknell; T Bigley, C Bromley, P Foreman beat D Kerry, K Creamer, S Wither 13-10.