Diss petanque teams go head to head
The Diss Waveney Petanque Club is guaranteed a team in the semi-finals of the County Knockout Shield for the first time in its history.Le Diss Sportif go head to head with Diss Duval at Brewers Green Lane this evening in the quarter-final, 7.
The Diss Waveney Petanque Club is guaranteed a team in the semi-finals of the County Knockout Shield for the first time in its history.
Le Diss Sportif go head-to-head with Diss Duval at Brewers Green Lane this evening in the quarter-final, 7.30pm.
Diss Vikings remain in promotion contention in Division Three of the Norfolk Petanque League following a 3-2 win at Bob Carter Leisure.
Captain Tony Bigley, Cyril Bromley and Pat Foreman got the visitors off to a fine start with a 13-10 win in the triples.
You may also want to watch:
Ronnie Bartrum and Ken Roberts won their doubles and another for Bigley and Peter Atkins secured victory.
Diss Duval stayed rooted to the foot of the table following a 3-2 home defeat against Eccles G2.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
The hosts made a good start with Margaret Haunton, Roger True and Steve Penny hitting back from 10-3 down to win 13-11 but the other triple went in favour of G2.
Duval fell 2-1 down when Penny and Peter Turner crashed 13-0 in five ends and defeat was confirmed when Jackie Johnson and Joyce Goodey let slip a seven-point lead to lose 13-10.
The home side finished on a high when in another comeback, True and Haunton pulled back from 10-4 down to win 13-12.
Le Diss Sportif had a trip to forget to St Faiths Wanderers Dolphins in Division Two.
They crashed to a 5-0 defeat with no players reaching double figures in the aggregate 65-37 defeat.
Norfolk Petanque League
Division Three: Diss Duval 2, Eccles G2 3 (aggregate 41-62).
Triples (Diss names first): J Johnson, J Goodey, P Turner lost 5-13 to R Cottee, C Golding, J Balaam. M Haunton, R True, S Penny beat N Long, R Hunt, B Balaam 13-11.
Doubles: M Haunton, R True beat B Balaam, D Wright 13-12; J Johnson, J Goodey lost 10-13 to R Holt, J Balaam; S Penny, P Turner lost 0-13 to N Long, S Secker.
Drayton Bob Carter Leisure 2, Diss Vikings 3 (aggregate 46-55).
Triples (Diss names first): P Atkins, R Bartrum, K Roberts lost 9-13 to M and P Skilling, P Cracknell; T Bigley, C Bromley, P Foreman beat D Kerry, K Creamer, S Wither 13-10.