Diss Reserves draw with Flotman
DISS Reserves completed their pre-season games with a 1-1 draw at Anglian Combination Division Three team Newton Flotman. Both teams played some good passing football although some wayward finishing at both ends meant that neither goalkeeper made many saves.
DISS Reserves completed their pre-season games with a 1-1 draw at Anglian Combination Division Three team Newton Flotman.
Both teams played some good passing football although some wayward finishing at both ends meant that neither goalkeeper made many saves.
Kirk Bardsley drew a good second-minute save to a Peter Hooks cross but Newton Flotman took the lead following a long ball through the middle in the 11th minute.
Bardsley and Matty Hill missed good chances before Jesse Payne-Wilkins equalised against his former club in the 37th minute after being found wide on the left by Karl Ansley.
You may also want to watch:
George Watts-Sturrock forced a close-range save after moving on to a Payne-Wilkins header just before half-time.
The second half was even but most shots went high. Bardsley headed over four minutes from time at the best chance.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
Diss: Carl Bronson, Matty Hill, Wayne Collins, Chris Gibbons, Rafel Szalek, Karl Ansley, Peter Hooks, Dale Wilson, Jesse Payne-Wilkins, George Watts-Sturrock, Kirk Bardsley.
Subs: Tom Bryant (Dale Wilson half-time).
Diss Reserves start their league matches with a visit from Whitton United Reserves to Brewers Green Lane this Saturday (kick off 3pm).
Diss first team have two Ridgeons League Division One matches this weekend, away at Whitton United on Saturday (kick-off 3pm) and at home against Team Bury on Tuesday (kick off 7.45pm).
Diss Town A had a comfortable 5-1 win away at Division Two side Shropham.
Diss opened the scoring when George Cole, 16, finished well from a cross to the back post.
In the second half James Casbard finished confidently.
This opened the floodgates. Cameron Barton was pulled down for a free kick which went straight in from Casbard.
Lloyd Miller smashed home after his first shot was saved and it was five when Dan Rose released Miller who finished well. Shropham scored a late consolation.
MoM: Connor Hain, 16, for a very impressive debut.
Various sponsorship opportunities exist at Diss Town FC. Please ring the club on 01379 651223 on weekday evenings for further details.
The Diss Town Football Club house facilities at Brewers Green Lane are available for use by other local sporting clubs.
For details and discussion on your requirements either visit the club on a weekday evening or ring 01379 651223.