Diss RFC youngsters keep battling to the end
- Credit: Ingrid Campbell
Diss entered the Norfolk Under-16s Plate Final against hosts Holt with a formidable task ahead of them.
For 20 minutes Diss were under the cosh and held firm but then Holt broke the seal. Four quick tries went in, with two being converted, leaving Diss trailing 24-0 at half-time.
After the break Holt brought on seven sets of fresh legs and the game followed pretty much the same pattern.
After losing a player to injury Diss kept battling away before two more tries made the score 34–0.
Then the tables turned. Ben Brown, playing centre, burst through Holt's defences after two well timed passes for a double and Kyle Harwood-Lefevre converted both. The game finished, 34-14 to Holt.
You may also want to watch:
Team: Robert Balding, Dan Blackburn, Dan Whiting, Rob Duffield, Sam Fawcett, Fred Sargent, Tom Elkins, Miles Smith, John Webster, George Jones, Tom Jacka, Ben Brown, James Webster, Kyle Harwood-Lefevre, Nat Strange.
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Village road to shut all day for essential work