Diss RFC youngsters keep battling to the end
- Credit: Ingrid Campbell
Diss entered the Norfolk Under-16s Plate Final against hosts Holt with a formidable task ahead of them.
For 20 minutes Diss were under the cosh and held firm but then Holt broke the seal. Four quick tries went in, with two being converted, leaving Diss trailing 24-0 at half-time.
After the break Holt brought on seven sets of fresh legs and the game followed pretty much the same pattern.
After losing a player to injury Diss kept battling away before two more tries made the score 34–0.
Then the tables turned. Ben Brown, playing centre, burst through Holt's defences after two well timed passes for a double and Kyle Harwood-Lefevre converted both. The game finished, 34-14 to Holt.
You may also want to watch:
Team: Robert Balding, Dan Blackburn, Dan Whiting, Rob Duffield, Sam Fawcett, Fred Sargent, Tom Elkins, Miles Smith, John Webster, George Jones, Tom Jacka, Ben Brown, James Webster, Kyle Harwood-Lefevre, Nat Strange.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"