Diss RFC youngsters keep battling to the end
- Credit: Ingrid Campbell
Diss entered the Norfolk Under-16s Plate Final against hosts Holt with a formidable task ahead of them.
For 20 minutes Diss were under the cosh and held firm but then Holt broke the seal. Four quick tries went in, with two being converted, leaving Diss trailing 24-0 at half-time.
After the break Holt brought on seven sets of fresh legs and the game followed pretty much the same pattern.
After losing a player to injury Diss kept battling away before two more tries made the score 34–0.
Then the tables turned. Ben Brown, playing centre, burst through Holt's defences after two well timed passes for a double and Kyle Harwood-Lefevre converted both. The game finished, 34-14 to Holt.
You may also want to watch:
Team: Robert Balding, Dan Blackburn, Dan Whiting, Rob Duffield, Sam Fawcett, Fred Sargent, Tom Elkins, Miles Smith, John Webster, George Jones, Tom Jacka, Ben Brown, James Webster, Kyle Harwood-Lefevre, Nat Strange.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021