Diss RFC youngsters keep battling to the end
- Credit: Ingrid Campbell
Diss entered the Norfolk Under-16s Plate Final against hosts Holt with a formidable task ahead of them.
For 20 minutes Diss were under the cosh and held firm but then Holt broke the seal. Four quick tries went in, with two being converted, leaving Diss trailing 24-0 at half-time.
After the break Holt brought on seven sets of fresh legs and the game followed pretty much the same pattern.
After losing a player to injury Diss kept battling away before two more tries made the score 34–0.
Then the tables turned. Ben Brown, playing centre, burst through Holt's defences after two well timed passes for a double and Kyle Harwood-Lefevre converted both. The game finished, 34-14 to Holt.
You may also want to watch:
Team: Robert Balding, Dan Blackburn, Dan Whiting, Rob Duffield, Sam Fawcett, Fred Sargent, Tom Elkins, Miles Smith, John Webster, George Jones, Tom Jacka, Ben Brown, James Webster, Kyle Harwood-Lefevre, Nat Strange.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse