Diss Rugby Club aim to bounce back
After the disappointment of the defeat at Staines, Diss Rugby Club's first team must look to put that performance behind them and start picking up points against teams nearer to them in the league, especially at home.
This week Diss welcome back Civil Service to Mackenders in what already is turning into a must win game.
Diss last played the visitors back in 2008/2009 when they were both in the league below. Diss won 28-20 when we visited them at their ground on the Thames in a game that Diss were not expected to win.
The return match was a 19-all draw with the Mackenders pitch being decorated with scarecrows after the after-match comments about Diss' style of play being 'agricultural' after that home defeat.
The squad this week is bolstered by the return of Deaglan Hall and Chris Beaird and sees a debut in the squad of Craig Burroughs, a South African number 10 with senior rugby experience.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Matt Richards, Pete Bray, Tim Groom, Keith Rix, Alistair Abercrombie, Steve Hipwell, Fraser Hall, Deaglan Hall, Andy Horne, Mike Fuller, Willie Hemmant, Craig Burroughs, Adam Williamson, Will Farrer, Warren Wilby, Steve MacQueen, Aarron Bliss, Chris Beaird.
The Saracens' match against London Irish Amateurs has been cancelled, so they are playing a friendly against Bury II. It is good to welcome back Zac Seward after his long injury lay-off.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Squad: Williams, Prior, Gaughin, Deacon, Dayley, Peachey, Gowing, Precious, Palmer, Crayton, Goymour, Seward, O'Farrell, West, Trede, Knapp, Goodge, Chartier, Harvey.
The thirds are playing away against Wisbech seconds.
Squad: Hay, Davidson, P Lemon, Kennedy, Webster, Key, Atkinson, Bloomfield, Moir, Weedon, I Lemon, Goodman, Coomber, Gurgin, Tomson, Bowden, Duffin, Cleve.