Diss seek extra players
Diss 2, Evergreens II 0HOCKEY: After last week's win Diss fancied their chances at home to the team one place below them in the league and from the start it only looked like there would be one winner.
Diss 2, Evergreens II 0
HOCKEY: After last week's win Diss fancied their chances at home to the team one place below them in the league and from the start it only looked like there would be one winner.
Diss controlled the game from start to finish and only good goalkeeping and wasted chances kept the score down.
In the first half Diss hardly left Evergreens half with Olivia Cates and Ann Plowman combining well down the right-hand side with both players having shots just go wide.
You may also want to watch:
Diss finally took the lead when Kirsten Sheedy crashed the ball home. The home side pressed for a second goal but couldn't add to the score before half-time.
The second half carried on in the same vein as the first with Diss in control. Emily Crosland was outstanding on the left and put in numerous dangerous crosses with her reverse sweep but the Evergreens keeper did well keeping the ball out.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
Diss finally got a well-deserved second when Ann Plowman had a shot well saved and Kirsten Sheedy was on hand with a great rebound shot to cap a brilliant performance with her second goal of the game.
Evergreens came into the game a bit more as the game wore on and squandered a great chance to pull a goal back, but it was too little, too late and Diss ran out comfortable winners.
Player-of-the-match: Megan Browne.
Diss are losing several key players to uni next year so are looking for more players.
If you are interested in joining this small, friendly club contact Lindsay Cates on 01379 640106.