Diss seek extra players
Diss 2, Evergreens II 0HOCKEY: After last week's win Diss fancied their chances at home to the team one place below them in the league and from the start it only looked like there would be one winner.
Diss 2, Evergreens II 0
HOCKEY: After last week's win Diss fancied their chances at home to the team one place below them in the league and from the start it only looked like there would be one winner.
Diss controlled the game from start to finish and only good goalkeeping and wasted chances kept the score down.
In the first half Diss hardly left Evergreens half with Olivia Cates and Ann Plowman combining well down the right-hand side with both players having shots just go wide.
Diss finally took the lead when Kirsten Sheedy crashed the ball home. The home side pressed for a second goal but couldn't add to the score before half-time.
The second half carried on in the same vein as the first with Diss in control. Emily Crosland was outstanding on the left and put in numerous dangerous crosses with her reverse sweep but the Evergreens keeper did well keeping the ball out.
- 1 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 2 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 3 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 4 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 5 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 6 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 7 Obituary: Man behind Norfolk's life-after-death experiment dies aged 78
- 8 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
Diss finally got a well-deserved second when Ann Plowman had a shot well saved and Kirsten Sheedy was on hand with a great rebound shot to cap a brilliant performance with her second goal of the game.
Evergreens came into the game a bit more as the game wore on and squandered a great chance to pull a goal back, but it was too little, too late and Diss ran out comfortable winners.
Player-of-the-match: Megan Browne.
Diss are losing several key players to uni next year so are looking for more players.
If you are interested in joining this small, friendly club contact Lindsay Cates on 01379 640106.