Diss table tennis tussles
The Diss and District Table Tennis league kicked off its season last week.
In the first division the two new teams Dickleburgh and DC3 found their opposition too strong.
Dickleburgh went down 8-2 to Shotguns F. Martin Wilby won two matches for Dickleburgh and almost got a clean sweep. However, he was narrowly beaten by Billy Howe in the fifth set. Billy was unbeaten on the night.
DC3 lost 9-1 to Palgrave Tornadoes.
Philip Taylor was the only DC3 players to register a win against Richard Woods. Peter Clarke for DC3 had a five-set battle against Dennis Sore but Dennis came out on top.
You may also want to watch:
Palgrave Stars 7 Diss TT 3. Nathan Lamb took two games and James Briddon one. Palgrave's Terry Rayner was undefeated on the night.
Other First Division results were Aslacton B 6, Shotguns D 4 and Shotguns E 3, Thrandeston 7.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
In the Premier Division results were as expected and the top players performed well.
Aslacton A lost to Weybread Rejects 10-0. Shotguns B beat Withersdale Bees 7-3.
Would all teams please note that Shotguns A's home night is Monday.
To keep up to date with league table etc go to the website www.dissanddistricttabletennisleague.webs.com