Diss table tennis tussles
The Diss and District Table Tennis league kicked off its season last week.
In the first division the two new teams Dickleburgh and DC3 found their opposition too strong.
Dickleburgh went down 8-2 to Shotguns F. Martin Wilby won two matches for Dickleburgh and almost got a clean sweep. However, he was narrowly beaten by Billy Howe in the fifth set. Billy was unbeaten on the night.
DC3 lost 9-1 to Palgrave Tornadoes.
Philip Taylor was the only DC3 players to register a win against Richard Woods. Peter Clarke for DC3 had a five-set battle against Dennis Sore but Dennis came out on top.
You may also want to watch:
Palgrave Stars 7 Diss TT 3. Nathan Lamb took two games and James Briddon one. Palgrave's Terry Rayner was undefeated on the night.
Other First Division results were Aslacton B 6, Shotguns D 4 and Shotguns E 3, Thrandeston 7.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
In the Premier Division results were as expected and the top players performed well.
Aslacton A lost to Weybread Rejects 10-0. Shotguns B beat Withersdale Bees 7-3.
Would all teams please note that Shotguns A's home night is Monday.
To keep up to date with league table etc go to the website www.dissanddistricttabletennisleague.webs.com