Diss table tennis tussles
The Diss and District Table Tennis league kicked off its season last week.
In the first division the two new teams Dickleburgh and DC3 found their opposition too strong.
Dickleburgh went down 8-2 to Shotguns F. Martin Wilby won two matches for Dickleburgh and almost got a clean sweep. However, he was narrowly beaten by Billy Howe in the fifth set. Billy was unbeaten on the night.
DC3 lost 9-1 to Palgrave Tornadoes.
Philip Taylor was the only DC3 players to register a win against Richard Woods. Peter Clarke for DC3 had a five-set battle against Dennis Sore but Dennis came out on top.
Palgrave Stars 7 Diss TT 3. Nathan Lamb took two games and James Briddon one. Palgrave's Terry Rayner was undefeated on the night.
Other First Division results were Aslacton B 6, Shotguns D 4 and Shotguns E 3, Thrandeston 7.
- 1 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 2 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 3 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Obituary: 'Empathetic' social worker who cared for others her entire life
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
In the Premier Division results were as expected and the top players performed well.
Aslacton A lost to Weybread Rejects 10-0. Shotguns B beat Withersdale Bees 7-3.
Would all teams please note that Shotguns A's home night is Monday.
To keep up to date with league table etc go to the website www.dissanddistricttabletennisleague.webs.com