Diss table tennis tussles
The Diss and District Table Tennis league kicked off its season last week.
In the first division the two new teams Dickleburgh and DC3 found their opposition too strong.
Dickleburgh went down 8-2 to Shotguns F. Martin Wilby won two matches for Dickleburgh and almost got a clean sweep. However, he was narrowly beaten by Billy Howe in the fifth set. Billy was unbeaten on the night.
DC3 lost 9-1 to Palgrave Tornadoes.
Philip Taylor was the only DC3 players to register a win against Richard Woods. Peter Clarke for DC3 had a five-set battle against Dennis Sore but Dennis came out on top.
You may also want to watch:
Palgrave Stars 7 Diss TT 3. Nathan Lamb took two games and James Briddon one. Palgrave's Terry Rayner was undefeated on the night.
Other First Division results were Aslacton B 6, Shotguns D 4 and Shotguns E 3, Thrandeston 7.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 6 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
In the Premier Division results were as expected and the top players performed well.
Aslacton A lost to Weybread Rejects 10-0. Shotguns B beat Withersdale Bees 7-3.
Would all teams please note that Shotguns A's home night is Monday.
To keep up to date with league table etc go to the website www.dissanddistricttabletennisleague.webs.com