Diss take unbeaten run to ten
Diss Town 8, Ipswich Wanderers 1Diss Town took their unbeaten run to ten matches as they completed their home matches for the season with their highest win of the season as lowly Ipswich Wanderers were thrashed 8-1.
Diss Town 8, Ipswich Wanderers 1
Diss Town took their unbeaten run to ten matches as they completed their home matches for the season with their highest win of the season as lowly Ipswich Wanderers were thrashed 8-1.
There could have been more goals as both teams missed a penalty.
The first Diss goal came after just 90 seconds when Sam Bryant pulled the ball back for Craig Skipp to shoot in from 20 yards out. Dan Wynne released George Watts-Sturrock to add the second in the 13th minute.
You may also want to watch:
The third goal was started by Dave Adams from his own penalty area in the 20th minute. Mark Shadrack then released Jordan Rocastle to run and cross for Bryant to score the first of his hat-trick with a shot into the roof of the net. Bryant turned goal provider when he sent Rocastle past the offside trap to make it 4-0 at half time with a shot from just inside the penalty area after 31 minutes.
Wanderers pulled a goal back in the first minute of the second half with the first of three penalty kicks in the match when Tom Dell shot in after Simon Jackson pulled the shirt of Lee Broomfield.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Three minutes later Bryant raced down the left and played the ball to Rocastle near the penalty spot. Despite being in a fine position the young striker played a selfless pass for Jon Abbott to shoot in.
Rocastle smashed a shot against the underside of the bar moments before the sixth goal arrived in the 66th minute. This time it was a mazy run from Bryant which took him past defenders before he sent the goalkeeper the wrong way and floated the ball in.
Bryant had a penalty saved fifteen minutes from time by Gary Hammond after Ben Hammond brought Luke Catchpole down. Wanderers had Steve Buckle sent off for his continuing protests.
Three minutes later Bryant completed his hat-trick when he hit a long range shot past Hammond. Dell put a penalty against a post after a hand-ball decision against Jackson. The scoring was completed two minutes from time when Dan Wynne shot in from ten yards out after a pass from Max Kirkby.
Diss team: Matty Webster, Mark Shadrack, Stuart Garner, Simon Jackson, Dave Adams, Craig Skipp, George Watts-Sturrock, Jon Abbott, Dan Wynne, Jordan Rocastle, Sam Bryant.
Diss subs: Max Kirkby (for Watts-Sturrock 82 mins), Steve Wright, Luke Catchpole (for Abbott 63 mins), Brendan Foley and Peter Hooks (for Rocastle 68 mins).
Match sponsors: Diss Town F C committee.