Diss Thirds battle Medics
Diss Thirds lost to Norwich Medics 40-19.But Diss need not be too downhearted as they were aware that they had won the second half using an amalgamation of youth and more experienced players than that of the home team, and also knew that the Medics only play to that standard at home.
Diss Thirds lost to Norwich Medics 40-19.
But Diss need not be too downhearted as they were aware that they had won the second half using an amalgamation of youth and more experienced players than that of the home team, and also knew that the Medics only play to that standard at home.
Diss started with a try from the back from the swerving Giles West, converted by Alex Crayton.
Medics came straight back through a lucky try missed by West and pounced on by the following Medic's winger.
Another kick through from Medics saw a try which should not have been, as they managed to fly-hack from underneath Benny Goodman's body to chase and score.
Before half-time came another three tries from this very strong and well-drilled Medics team.
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 10 Fears 'intrusive pylons' would surround market town
A big team talk at half-time and the ball being kept in the forwards with pick and drive moves created a try each for brothers Ed and Will Colbourne, the latter in his first senior game. Crayton converted one of these.
Medics made four changes through the game, which was questioned by the Blues and the referee, who did not allow a fifth substitute.