Diss Thirds battle Medics
Diss Thirds lost to Norwich Medics 40-19.But Diss need not be too downhearted as they were aware that they had won the second half using an amalgamation of youth and more experienced players than that of the home team, and also knew that the Medics only play to that standard at home.
Diss Thirds lost to Norwich Medics 40-19.
But Diss need not be too downhearted as they were aware that they had won the second half using an amalgamation of youth and more experienced players than that of the home team, and also knew that the Medics only play to that standard at home.
Diss started with a try from the back from the swerving Giles West, converted by Alex Crayton.
Medics came straight back through a lucky try missed by West and pounced on by the following Medic's winger.
You may also want to watch:
Another kick through from Medics saw a try which should not have been, as they managed to fly-hack from underneath Benny Goodman's body to chase and score.
Before half-time came another three tries from this very strong and well-drilled Medics team.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 3 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 6 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
A big team talk at half-time and the ball being kept in the forwards with pick and drive moves created a try each for brothers Ed and Will Colbourne, the latter in his first senior game. Crayton converted one of these.
Medics made four changes through the game, which was questioned by the Blues and the referee, who did not allow a fifth substitute.