Diss Thirds battle Medics
Diss Thirds lost to Norwich Medics 40-19.But Diss need not be too downhearted as they were aware that they had won the second half using an amalgamation of youth and more experienced players than that of the home team, and also knew that the Medics only play to that standard at home.
Diss Thirds lost to Norwich Medics 40-19.
But Diss need not be too downhearted as they were aware that they had won the second half using an amalgamation of youth and more experienced players than that of the home team, and also knew that the Medics only play to that standard at home.
Diss started with a try from the back from the swerving Giles West, converted by Alex Crayton.
Medics came straight back through a lucky try missed by West and pounced on by the following Medic's winger.
You may also want to watch:
Another kick through from Medics saw a try which should not have been, as they managed to fly-hack from underneath Benny Goodman's body to chase and score.
Before half-time came another three tries from this very strong and well-drilled Medics team.
- 1 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 2 Summer solstice 2021: Five best places to watch it in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 4 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 5 'Masks are a nightmare' - how Covid rules have hit deaf people in Norfolk
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
A big team talk at half-time and the ball being kept in the forwards with pick and drive moves created a try each for brothers Ed and Will Colbourne, the latter in his first senior game. Crayton converted one of these.
Medics made four changes through the game, which was questioned by the Blues and the referee, who did not allow a fifth substitute.