Diss Town 1 Cornard Utd 1: Powley save ensures Diss take a point
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town found it difficult to break down a Cornard team that were well organised by ex-Tangerines manager Chris Tracey.
Despite taking a lead into the break it was the home team that were holding on towards the end as Cornard doubled their points tally for the season.
The Tangerines started brightly and went ahead in the fifth minute. Jamie George ran down the left and passed across the face of goal for Sam Page to tap in from close range.
Cornard immediately came close to an equaliser but a fine block by Chris Gibbons deflected a shot from Rene Swann for a corner. Visiting goalkeeper Aaron Reid made his best save of the game in the 25th minute to turn a shot from George round the post after the striker chested down a pass from Dale Barrett and hit his shot low towards the cornert.
Cornard looked dangerous at corners and free-kicks with their aerial threat a constant menace.
Downes forced Reid into a diving save in the 57th minute after Page and George linked up to create the opening. There was then a long injury delay for Hood to receive treatment before he left the field in the 70th minute. Diss were reorganising for the free-kick which was in front of the home technical area. The ball was played into the home penalty area andwasn't dealt with and this gave James Beckett time and space to head in.
Cornard finished the game strongly and only a point-blank block from Matt Powley as Swann took advantage of an error from James Armes kept the scores level.
- 1 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 2 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 3 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 4 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 5 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 8 Fears 'intrusive pylons' would surround market town
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
Diss travel to Team Bury in the league on Saturday (3pm).