Diss Town 1 Cornard Utd 1: Powley save ensures Diss take a point
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town found it difficult to break down a Cornard team that were well organised by ex-Tangerines manager Chris Tracey.
Despite taking a lead into the break it was the home team that were holding on towards the end as Cornard doubled their points tally for the season.
The Tangerines started brightly and went ahead in the fifth minute. Jamie George ran down the left and passed across the face of goal for Sam Page to tap in from close range.
Cornard immediately came close to an equaliser but a fine block by Chris Gibbons deflected a shot from Rene Swann for a corner. Visiting goalkeeper Aaron Reid made his best save of the game in the 25th minute to turn a shot from George round the post after the striker chested down a pass from Dale Barrett and hit his shot low towards the cornert.
Cornard looked dangerous at corners and free-kicks with their aerial threat a constant menace.
You may also want to watch:
Downes forced Reid into a diving save in the 57th minute after Page and George linked up to create the opening. There was then a long injury delay for Hood to receive treatment before he left the field in the 70th minute. Diss were reorganising for the free-kick which was in front of the home technical area. The ball was played into the home penalty area andwasn't dealt with and this gave James Beckett time and space to head in.
Cornard finished the game strongly and only a point-blank block from Matt Powley as Swann took advantage of an error from James Armes kept the scores level.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 8 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
Diss travel to Team Bury in the league on Saturday (3pm).