Diss Town turn on style to beat high-flying Mulbarton 3-1
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Diss Town followed up last week's weak performance against bottom-of-the-table Needham Market Reserves with a magnificent 3-1 win against second-placed Mulbarton Wanderers to make it four wins from the last five league games.
Mulbarton had the strong wind at their backs and took a sixth minute lead when Ben Thompson saw a deflected shot go in.
It took Diss less than two minutes to equalise when Josh Lucraft sent a fine cross in for Connor Kerry to dive and head in.
Diss played some of their best football of the season so far in the second half. Kerry smashed a 51st minute shot against the bar and two minutes later the Tangerines applied pressure at a free- kick with Jack Tipple having a shot saved by Tom Wright and Ashley Baxter putting the loose ball in.
Ten minutes later a fine right wing move ended with Charlie Webb crossing low for Lucraft to make it 3-1 from eight yards out.
You may also want to watch:
Now 10 points clear of the bottom two in Thurlow Nunn League Division One North after an excellent run under new boss Jon Abbott, Diss Town hit the road on Saturday to take on Downham Town (3pm).
Swaffham Town moved to within four points of Mulbarton, with three games in hand, after a 2-1 win at Debenham LC. Kyle Plumb and Sam Carter got the goals for the Pedlars.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
Harleston Town went four points clear at the top of the table after a 5-1 win over Felixstowe & Walton Reserves.