Diss Town turn on style to beat high-flying Mulbarton 3-1
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Diss Town followed up last week's weak performance against bottom-of-the-table Needham Market Reserves with a magnificent 3-1 win against second-placed Mulbarton Wanderers to make it four wins from the last five league games.
Mulbarton had the strong wind at their backs and took a sixth minute lead when Ben Thompson saw a deflected shot go in.
It took Diss less than two minutes to equalise when Josh Lucraft sent a fine cross in for Connor Kerry to dive and head in.
Diss played some of their best football of the season so far in the second half. Kerry smashed a 51st minute shot against the bar and two minutes later the Tangerines applied pressure at a free- kick with Jack Tipple having a shot saved by Tom Wright and Ashley Baxter putting the loose ball in.
Ten minutes later a fine right wing move ended with Charlie Webb crossing low for Lucraft to make it 3-1 from eight yards out.
You may also want to watch:
Now 10 points clear of the bottom two in Thurlow Nunn League Division One North after an excellent run under new boss Jon Abbott, Diss Town hit the road on Saturday to take on Downham Town (3pm).
Swaffham Town moved to within four points of Mulbarton, with three games in hand, after a 2-1 win at Debenham LC. Kyle Plumb and Sam Carter got the goals for the Pedlars.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
Harleston Town went four points clear at the top of the table after a 5-1 win over Felixstowe & Walton Reserves.