Diss Town follow up 4-0 away win with a 6-0 home defeat
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town completed their away games in Thurlow Nunn League Division One North with a 4-0 win at bottom-of-the-table Felixstowe & Walton United Reserves.
But they were brought down to earth with a bump on Easter Monday when they were hammered 6-0 at home by Lakenheath, with the visitors scoring twice in the first half and four times in the second.
Shane Avis led the rout by scoring five goals while Kelvin Enaro was also on target.
The Tangerines will now be looking to make amends in their final game at Brewers Green Lane on Saturday when March Town are the visitors (3pm).
Felixstowe and Walton were torn apart by the Tangerines in the final quarter of last Saturday's game game.
You may also want to watch:
There were braces for Keiran Hagan, who is now challenging to be top scorer for the season on eight goals, and full back Sam Last, who doubled his tally for the season.
Ashley Rankin celebrated in the eighth minute when he headed a centre into the net but his joy was dashed after he was penalised for a push. In the 39th minute Kingsley Barnes came outside his penalty area and Rankin was able to flick the ball over him but as he waited for the ball to drop he seemed to lose his bearings and steered his shot wide of the gaping goal.
- 1 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 2 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 3 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 4 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 7 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 What will the weather be like this week for outdoor reopening?
Fisher did well to tip a well-struck left foot shot from Josh Lucraft over the bar in the 65th minute after he chested down a fine centre from Webb from the left.
In the 67th minute a mazy run down the centre of the pitch took Hagan past three defenders as he moved clear into the penalty area. He was now in a one-on-one situation with Fisher and slid the low right foot shot under the goalkeeper from ten yards out.
Five minutes later Connor Kerry played a well-weighted pass from the right just into the penalty area. Hagan was on the right hand side of area and about 14 yards from the goal line when he hit a low right foot shot past Fisher to make the score 2-0.
The final two Diss goals came when throw ins from the right from Ashley Baxter caused problems. In the 82nd minute the ball was eventually kicked away but Last jumped to head the ball in from 14 yards out. As the game went into added time Kerry played the ball back for Kyle Halil to find Last moving inside the left hand side of the penalty area and his low left foot shot from 12 yards out went into the far corner to complete the scoring.
Diss Town: Barnes, Baxter, Last, Baughurst, Lanchester, Pain, Hagan (Halil 80), Betson, Webb (Bray 71), Lucraft (Staines 88), Kerry.