Fakenham Town 4 Diss Town 0: Priestly makes it an afternoon to forget for former side
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town crashed to a 4-0 defeat at Fakenham Town, with a brace from their former striker Luke Priestly adding insult to injury.
Diss, hoping to build up some early momentum after two wins in their first three Thurlow Nunn League matches, went behind in the 20th minute when Callum Brain converted a free-kick from just outside the box.
Diss almost equalised just before half-time when Paul Betson's cross was clipped goalwards by Will Goulding but his header hit the crossbar.
On the hour mark Diss old-boy Priestly struck from 18 yards after a break down the left to make it 2-0.
In the 80th minute. Stacey Payne's curled shot from 18 yards came back off the inside of the post and Fakenham then mounted a counter-attack which ended with Priestly scoring his second.
You may also want to watch:
There was still time for Ricky Claxton to add a late fourth to compound Diss's misery.
The next game for Diss is against Felixstowe Reserves at Brewers Green Lane on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
Team: Hayhoe, Attwood, Beeston, Cornish, Pain, Vincent, Last, Moore, Goulding, Mallardo, Betson.
Subs Flurrie, White, Lambe, Payne, Leitao.