Fakenham Town 4 Diss Town 0: Priestly makes it an afternoon to forget for former side
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town crashed to a 4-0 defeat at Fakenham Town, with a brace from their former striker Luke Priestly adding insult to injury.
Diss, hoping to build up some early momentum after two wins in their first three Thurlow Nunn League matches, went behind in the 20th minute when Callum Brain converted a free-kick from just outside the box.
Diss almost equalised just before half-time when Paul Betson's cross was clipped goalwards by Will Goulding but his header hit the crossbar.
On the hour mark Diss old-boy Priestly struck from 18 yards after a break down the left to make it 2-0.
In the 80th minute. Stacey Payne's curled shot from 18 yards came back off the inside of the post and Fakenham then mounted a counter-attack which ended with Priestly scoring his second.
You may also want to watch:
There was still time for Ricky Claxton to add a late fourth to compound Diss's misery.
The next game for Diss is against Felixstowe Reserves at Brewers Green Lane on Saturday.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Team: Hayhoe, Attwood, Beeston, Cornish, Pain, Vincent, Last, Moore, Goulding, Mallardo, Betson.
Subs Flurrie, White, Lambe, Payne, Leitao.