Fakenham Town 4 Diss Town 0: Priestly makes it an afternoon to forget for former side
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town crashed to a 4-0 defeat at Fakenham Town, with a brace from their former striker Luke Priestly adding insult to injury.
Diss, hoping to build up some early momentum after two wins in their first three Thurlow Nunn League matches, went behind in the 20th minute when Callum Brain converted a free-kick from just outside the box.
Diss almost equalised just before half-time when Paul Betson's cross was clipped goalwards by Will Goulding but his header hit the crossbar.
On the hour mark Diss old-boy Priestly struck from 18 yards after a break down the left to make it 2-0.
In the 80th minute. Stacey Payne's curled shot from 18 yards came back off the inside of the post and Fakenham then mounted a counter-attack which ended with Priestly scoring his second.
You may also want to watch:
There was still time for Ricky Claxton to add a late fourth to compound Diss's misery.
The next game for Diss is against Felixstowe Reserves at Brewers Green Lane on Saturday.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
Team: Hayhoe, Attwood, Beeston, Cornish, Pain, Vincent, Last, Moore, Goulding, Mallardo, Betson.
Subs Flurrie, White, Lambe, Payne, Leitao.