Diss Town get season fully up and running with 4-0 away win
- Credit: PA
Diss Town got their Thurlow Nunn League Division One campaign fully up and running with an emphatic 4-0 win at Norwich United Under-21s.
After a goalless first half the Tangerines scored four without reply last Wednesday evening to make it four points from a possible six in Division One of the Thurlow Nunn League after a summer of upheaval.
After a tentative start the Planters youngsters settled into an even first half with Amon Kulsirayi and Tom Rampling both causing the visiting defence problems down the flanks.
The Planters hit the woodwork from a corner just before the break but the ball was cleared from a crowded area.
With George Diggens unable to continue after the break the visitors took full advantage with Virgillo Leitao netting the opening goal at the near post.
Sam Buckmaster doubled the lead on 55 minutes with a good shot on the turn and Ryan Sparrow made it three just seven minutes later.
Sonny Carey was unlucky to see his free-kick bounce out off the underside of the bar after Lewis Riches saw yellow for his challenge on Kulsirayi but it was the visitors who scored a late goal through subsitute Luke Preistley.
- 1 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 2 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 3 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Obituary: 'Empathetic' social worker who cared for others her entire life
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
Norwich United U-21s: Johnson, Warner, Rampling, Mokake, Howard, Crosby, Diggens (Pye 46), Hogston, Metcalf (Brookes 74), Carey, Kulsirayi (Durrant 85). Unused sub: Cooper.
Diss: Riches, Thompson, Sparrow, Tipple, Bull, Myles, Wade (Beeston 18), Doyle (Gathercole 73), Leitao (Priestley 84), Buckmaster, Vincent. Unused subs: Hunt, Lucraft.
The Tangerines were brought down to earth with a bump on Tuesday evening when they were beaten 4-0 at home by Swafffham Town.
The Pedlars were far too strong for their Norfolk rivals at Brewers Green Lane.
The game was all over bar the shouting at half-time, with the visitors going in three goals to the good courtesy of goals from Alex Vincent (20), Nick Castellan (40) and Joe Jackson (45).
Matthew Blackford added a fourth 15 minutes from the end to round-up off a comfortable win.Diss v Swaffham
The Tangerines will be looking to bounce back from their first league defeat of the season at home to March Town United on Saturday (3pm).