Diss Town get season fully up and running with 4-0 away win
- Credit: PA
Diss Town got their Thurlow Nunn League Division One campaign fully up and running with an emphatic 4-0 win at Norwich United Under-21s.
After a goalless first half the Tangerines scored four without reply last Wednesday evening to make it four points from a possible six in Division One of the Thurlow Nunn League after a summer of upheaval.
After a tentative start the Planters youngsters settled into an even first half with Amon Kulsirayi and Tom Rampling both causing the visiting defence problems down the flanks.
The Planters hit the woodwork from a corner just before the break but the ball was cleared from a crowded area.
With George Diggens unable to continue after the break the visitors took full advantage with Virgillo Leitao netting the opening goal at the near post.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Buckmaster doubled the lead on 55 minutes with a good shot on the turn and Ryan Sparrow made it three just seven minutes later.
Sonny Carey was unlucky to see his free-kick bounce out off the underside of the bar after Lewis Riches saw yellow for his challenge on Kulsirayi but it was the visitors who scored a late goal through subsitute Luke Preistley.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 9 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 10 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
Norwich United U-21s: Johnson, Warner, Rampling, Mokake, Howard, Crosby, Diggens (Pye 46), Hogston, Metcalf (Brookes 74), Carey, Kulsirayi (Durrant 85). Unused sub: Cooper.
Diss: Riches, Thompson, Sparrow, Tipple, Bull, Myles, Wade (Beeston 18), Doyle (Gathercole 73), Leitao (Priestley 84), Buckmaster, Vincent. Unused subs: Hunt, Lucraft.
The Tangerines were brought down to earth with a bump on Tuesday evening when they were beaten 4-0 at home by Swafffham Town.
The Pedlars were far too strong for their Norfolk rivals at Brewers Green Lane.
The game was all over bar the shouting at half-time, with the visitors going in three goals to the good courtesy of goals from Alex Vincent (20), Nick Castellan (40) and Joe Jackson (45).
Matthew Blackford added a fourth 15 minutes from the end to round-up off a comfortable win.Diss v Swaffham
The Tangerines will be looking to bounce back from their first league defeat of the season at home to March Town United on Saturday (3pm).