Diss Town youngsters conceded double figures at Wroxham
- Credit: PA
Diss Town Under-18s travelled to Wroxham in the Thurlow Nunn Youth League East Division with only 11 players and no recognised keeper and lost 11-2.
Diss defended with great determination in the first half an hour, only conceding a goal in the 17th minute when a cross from ex-Tangerine Ryan Haylett from the right was put in by Ashley Smith
Nine minutes before half-time Smith had his first shot saved by emergency goalkeeper Olly Wimshurst before putting the loose ball in.
Jordan Howard headed in from 10 yards out at a 40th minute corner to make the half-time score 3-0 and set up a difficult second half for the visitors.
Wroxham added eight more to their tally after the break through Jake Appleton, Smith, Aaron Attree (2), Haylett (2), Jake Mann and Jack Barber.
You may also want to watch:
Tyler White and Callum Bray scored for the battling Tangerines.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late