Diss Town youngsters conceded double figures at Wroxham
- Credit: PA
Diss Town Under-18s travelled to Wroxham in the Thurlow Nunn Youth League East Division with only 11 players and no recognised keeper and lost 11-2.
Diss defended with great determination in the first half an hour, only conceding a goal in the 17th minute when a cross from ex-Tangerine Ryan Haylett from the right was put in by Ashley Smith
Nine minutes before half-time Smith had his first shot saved by emergency goalkeeper Olly Wimshurst before putting the loose ball in.
Jordan Howard headed in from 10 yards out at a 40th minute corner to make the half-time score 3-0 and set up a difficult second half for the visitors.
Wroxham added eight more to their tally after the break through Jake Appleton, Smith, Aaron Attree (2), Haylett (2), Jake Mann and Jack Barber.
You may also want to watch:
Tyler White and Callum Bray scored for the battling Tangerines.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 8 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 9 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 10 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close