Diss Town youngsters conceded double figures at Wroxham
- Credit: PA
Diss Town Under-18s travelled to Wroxham in the Thurlow Nunn Youth League East Division with only 11 players and no recognised keeper and lost 11-2.
Diss defended with great determination in the first half an hour, only conceding a goal in the 17th minute when a cross from ex-Tangerine Ryan Haylett from the right was put in by Ashley Smith
Nine minutes before half-time Smith had his first shot saved by emergency goalkeeper Olly Wimshurst before putting the loose ball in.
Jordan Howard headed in from 10 yards out at a 40th minute corner to make the half-time score 3-0 and set up a difficult second half for the visitors.
Wroxham added eight more to their tally after the break through Jake Appleton, Smith, Aaron Attree (2), Haylett (2), Jake Mann and Jack Barber.
You may also want to watch:
Tyler White and Callum Bray scored for the battling Tangerines.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan