Diss Under-16s claim runners-up spot in big Wisbech tournament
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tigers under-16s travelled to Wisbech to take part in the 2Gether Insurance Autumn Cup.
Diss were in Group A and played against Leverington, Taverham, Cambridge City and Drayton Grange in 11-a-side 25 minute games.
Diss came up against Taverham first and managed to secure a 2-2 draw with goals from Josh Mann and Harrison Tompkins. Next up were Drayton Grange, whom they beat 3-0, with goals from Mann again and one a piece from Harley and Jackson Grapes.
After losing 1-0 to Leverington Diss had to beat Cambridge City to go through to the semi-finals and this was achieved with a single goal from Osi.
Diss then met Firside, runners-up in group B, in the semi-final and progressed with a 1-0 win, with Mann again on target.
You may also want to watch:
Diss then played Derby in the final and lost a tough match 4-0, meaning they had to be content with well deserved runners-up medals.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 3 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 6 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse