Diss Under-16s claim runners-up spot in big Wisbech tournament
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tigers under-16s travelled to Wisbech to take part in the 2Gether Insurance Autumn Cup.
Diss were in Group A and played against Leverington, Taverham, Cambridge City and Drayton Grange in 11-a-side 25 minute games.
Diss came up against Taverham first and managed to secure a 2-2 draw with goals from Josh Mann and Harrison Tompkins. Next up were Drayton Grange, whom they beat 3-0, with goals from Mann again and one a piece from Harley and Jackson Grapes.
After losing 1-0 to Leverington Diss had to beat Cambridge City to go through to the semi-finals and this was achieved with a single goal from Osi.
Diss then met Firside, runners-up in group B, in the semi-final and progressed with a 1-0 win, with Mann again on target.
You may also want to watch:
Diss then played Derby in the final and lost a tough match 4-0, meaning they had to be content with well deserved runners-up medals.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 7 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 8 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards