Diss Under-16s claim runners-up spot in big Wisbech tournament
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tigers under-16s travelled to Wisbech to take part in the 2Gether Insurance Autumn Cup.
Diss were in Group A and played against Leverington, Taverham, Cambridge City and Drayton Grange in 11-a-side 25 minute games.
Diss came up against Taverham first and managed to secure a 2-2 draw with goals from Josh Mann and Harrison Tompkins. Next up were Drayton Grange, whom they beat 3-0, with goals from Mann again and one a piece from Harley and Jackson Grapes.
After losing 1-0 to Leverington Diss had to beat Cambridge City to go through to the semi-finals and this was achieved with a single goal from Osi.
Diss then met Firside, runners-up in group B, in the semi-final and progressed with a 1-0 win, with Mann again on target.
You may also want to watch:
Diss then played Derby in the final and lost a tough match 4-0, meaning they had to be content with well deserved runners-up medals.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 5 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 6 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late