Diss Under-16s claim runners-up spot in big Wisbech tournament
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tigers under-16s travelled to Wisbech to take part in the 2Gether Insurance Autumn Cup.
Diss were in Group A and played against Leverington, Taverham, Cambridge City and Drayton Grange in 11-a-side 25 minute games.
Diss came up against Taverham first and managed to secure a 2-2 draw with goals from Josh Mann and Harrison Tompkins. Next up were Drayton Grange, whom they beat 3-0, with goals from Mann again and one a piece from Harley and Jackson Grapes.
After losing 1-0 to Leverington Diss had to beat Cambridge City to go through to the semi-finals and this was achieved with a single goal from Osi.
Diss then met Firside, runners-up in group B, in the semi-final and progressed with a 1-0 win, with Mann again on target.
You may also want to watch:
Diss then played Derby in the final and lost a tough match 4-0, meaning they had to be content with well deserved runners-up medals.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready