Diss Under-16s claim runners-up spot in big Wisbech tournament
- Credit: Archant
Diss Tigers under-16s travelled to Wisbech to take part in the 2Gether Insurance Autumn Cup.
Diss were in Group A and played against Leverington, Taverham, Cambridge City and Drayton Grange in 11-a-side 25 minute games.
Diss came up against Taverham first and managed to secure a 2-2 draw with goals from Josh Mann and Harrison Tompkins. Next up were Drayton Grange, whom they beat 3-0, with goals from Mann again and one a piece from Harley and Jackson Grapes.
After losing 1-0 to Leverington Diss had to beat Cambridge City to go through to the semi-finals and this was achieved with a single goal from Osi.
Diss then met Firside, runners-up in group B, in the semi-final and progressed with a 1-0 win, with Mann again on target.
You may also want to watch:
Diss then played Derby in the final and lost a tough match 4-0, meaning they had to be content with well deserved runners-up medals.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 7 Norfolk coronavirus cases fall but people urged to stick to lockdown
- 8 'We have a masterplan' - effort to vaccinate housebound patients intensifies
- 9 How will Covid-19 vaccine change your life - and your finances?
- 10 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers