Diss Vixens looking for the girls to get involved with rugby
- Credit: Archant
Diss Vixens ares looking for new players to get involved.
Sarah Mclean, from Diss Vixens said: 'If you are aged 11-18 and haven't played rugby before or maybe played rugby at school, come down to Diss Rugby Club to see what we can offer.'
Diss has a thriving Vixens set-up, with fully-trained coaches, excellent clubhouse and regular training sessions and matches for budding female players.
Mclean said: 'Whatever your experience, we want you to come down for fun fitness session on April 2 from 11am to 1pm, and join in with current players, all under the guidance of expert coaches.'
Women's rugby is currently flourishing in the UK, with more players coming into the sport at an early age, more matches being played and greater funding available to development coaching.
You may also want to watch:
'With England winning the Six Nations in empathic style, we are getting more and more calls from parents and potential players looking to get involved,' she added.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors