Diss Vixens looking for the girls to get involved with rugby
- Credit: Archant
Diss Vixens ares looking for new players to get involved.
Sarah Mclean, from Diss Vixens said: 'If you are aged 11-18 and haven't played rugby before or maybe played rugby at school, come down to Diss Rugby Club to see what we can offer.'
Diss has a thriving Vixens set-up, with fully-trained coaches, excellent clubhouse and regular training sessions and matches for budding female players.
Mclean said: 'Whatever your experience, we want you to come down for fun fitness session on April 2 from 11am to 1pm, and join in with current players, all under the guidance of expert coaches.'
Women's rugby is currently flourishing in the UK, with more players coming into the sport at an early age, more matches being played and greater funding available to development coaching.
You may also want to watch:
'With England winning the Six Nations in empathic style, we are getting more and more calls from parents and potential players looking to get involved,' she added.
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan