Diss want to bounce back
Promotion back into the Premier Division of the Ridgeons League will be the main aim of Diss Town FC next season.This was stated at the club's annual presentations as part of a music evening with local group, Encore, at Brewers Green Lane on Sunday.
Promotion back into the Premier Division of the Ridgeons League will be the main aim of Diss Town FC next season.
This was stated at the club's annual presentations as part of a music evening with local group, Encore, at Brewers Green Lane on Sunday.
Chairman Des Tebble thanked president Brian Collins and the many vice-presidents for their support during the season.
He also thanked the various sponsors especially Woody's, Bodo Ltd and JA Collins Electrical, who assist in many ways. He thanked all committee members, directors and others who had given their time to the club during the season, especially those involved in helping the club to win the Ridgeons Integrity in Football Award, where hospitality was one of the criteria.
Discipline on the field was also a factor and had been very good this season, although it was clearly disappointing not to be promoted.
Under the management of Rob Taylor for next season, promotion was the aim for the club. He thanked the loyal supporters for staying with the club and the average home attendance was the second highest in Ridgeons League Division One.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
Award winners for 2007/8 season were: supporters' player of the season, Steve Best; first team players' player of the season, Kevin Leggett; reserve team players' player of the season, Simon Nobes; U18 team players' player of the season, Keiran Hain; U18 team managers' player of the season, James Harrison; most improved young player, Richard Ferry; Adam Cutts Memorial Award, Joe Rumsey; loyalty award, Karl Ansley; Eric Cobb Memorial Shield for club person of the year, Phyllis Tebble; Gooderham Cup, Keith Walker.
The annual meeting will be at the clubhouse on Tuesday, June 17, at 8pm.
Pre-season friendlies: Ridgeons Premier Division teams Kirkley and Pakefield at home on Tuesday, July 15; away at Lowestoft Town on Saturday, July 19 and at home to Needham Market on Tuesday, July 22. They will also be away at Ryman Isthmian League Division One North (Bury, AFC Sudbury and Maldon play in this league) Aveley (they finished 11th last season) on Saturday, July 26 and away at Anglian Combination Premier side Blofield on Saturday, August 2.