Diss youngsters beaten in final of UEA Futsal Festival
- Credit: PA
Diss Tigers paid a visit to the UEA Sportspark on Sunday to take part in the Norfolk FA Futsal Festival.
Game one against Beccles saw the Under-16 team 9-3 winners and this was followed by a 1-1 draw against Peterborough Blues.
Next Diss were up against Wymondham, who they saw off 7-0 and the last game against Peterborough Pinks resulted in a 4-0 win.
They met Wymondham again in the semis and this time it was a 4-0 win. In the final Diss played Posh Blues for the second time and this time were beaten 4-2.
The Diss team played exceptionally well, with six goals apiece from Kieran Axten and Josh Mann, five from Matt Cheal-Ferris, four each from Olly Budd and Jack Riches and two from Harrison Tompkins.
You may also want to watch:
Diss Town U-13s swept into the final of the Spring Cup with a 7-0 victory over Sprowston in their final group match.
It only took 24 seconds for Diss to open their account with Matthew Munnings finishing from 10 yards. A minute later it was 2-0 with Ben Clements finding the net. Diss killed the game off with Kai Thurston volleying home and scored a fourth through Joe Hilton.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 10 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
After the half-time break it took Diss a while to break through before Clements scored twice to complete his hat-trick and Hilton netted with a bullet header.
Diss U13s rounded off their league campaign with a thrilling 3-3 draw against an excellent Mulbarton team.
In a match which ebbed and flowed throughout, it was Diss who took an early lead with Jack Glen finishing well.
Mulbarton equalised with a shot which beat Alex Dunseith at his near post.
They finished the half strongly after early domination by Diss but the score remained 1-1 at the interval.
In an all-action second half, with full blooded challenges being made by both teams, it was the hosts who took the lead with an unfortunate own goal when Dunseith made a fantastic save only to see the ball ricochet off Joe Hilton into the net.
Diss hit back to equalise with a free-kick on the right from Munnings which sailed into the far corner of the Mulbarton net.
The visitors then took the lead with Ben Clements netting following a Munnings through ball but Mulbarton had the final say.