Diss youngsters make their mark in Ipswich Festival
- Credit: Archant
Diss Vxens Under-13s tasted success at the Ipswich Sevens competition over the Bank Holiday weekend.
After a long afternoon of hard rugby, which involved five matches, the girls met Basildon in a tight final, resulting in a 4-4 draw for the shield.
Both teams decided that after a hard competition the final honours should be shared.
Diss Under-16s produced a series of outstanding performances to clinch the shield in their festival at Ipswich.
Diss beat Holt comfortably 38-0, went down to Bury St Edmunds 15-32 in a hard fought match, bounced back with a 45-0 win against Southwold and lost narrowly 19-35 to Holt Two.
You may also want to watch:
The final with Southwold was conceded to Diss, ensuring the team of took away the shield.
The Diss U16 coach stated that 'overall, Diss played some good fast rugby and thoroughly enjoyed their day and were happy to take home a shield for their rewards.'
- 1 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 8 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office