Diss youngsters make their mark in Ipswich Festival
- Credit: Archant
Diss Vxens Under-13s tasted success at the Ipswich Sevens competition over the Bank Holiday weekend.
After a long afternoon of hard rugby, which involved five matches, the girls met Basildon in a tight final, resulting in a 4-4 draw for the shield.
Both teams decided that after a hard competition the final honours should be shared.
Diss Under-16s produced a series of outstanding performances to clinch the shield in their festival at Ipswich.
Diss beat Holt comfortably 38-0, went down to Bury St Edmunds 15-32 in a hard fought match, bounced back with a 45-0 win against Southwold and lost narrowly 19-35 to Holt Two.
The final with Southwold was conceded to Diss, ensuring the team of took away the shield.
The Diss U16 coach stated that 'overall, Diss played some good fast rugby and thoroughly enjoyed their day and were happy to take home a shield for their rewards.'
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout