Diss youngsters make their mark in Ipswich Festival
- Credit: Archant
Diss Vxens Under-13s tasted success at the Ipswich Sevens competition over the Bank Holiday weekend.
After a long afternoon of hard rugby, which involved five matches, the girls met Basildon in a tight final, resulting in a 4-4 draw for the shield.
Both teams decided that after a hard competition the final honours should be shared.
Diss Under-16s produced a series of outstanding performances to clinch the shield in their festival at Ipswich.
Diss beat Holt comfortably 38-0, went down to Bury St Edmunds 15-32 in a hard fought match, bounced back with a 45-0 win against Southwold and lost narrowly 19-35 to Holt Two.
You may also want to watch:
The final with Southwold was conceded to Diss, ensuring the team of took away the shield.
The Diss U16 coach stated that 'overall, Diss played some good fast rugby and thoroughly enjoyed their day and were happy to take home a shield for their rewards.'
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk