Diss youngsters make their mark in Ipswich Festival
- Credit: Archant
Diss Vxens Under-13s tasted success at the Ipswich Sevens competition over the Bank Holiday weekend.
After a long afternoon of hard rugby, which involved five matches, the girls met Basildon in a tight final, resulting in a 4-4 draw for the shield.
Both teams decided that after a hard competition the final honours should be shared.
Diss Under-16s produced a series of outstanding performances to clinch the shield in their festival at Ipswich.
Diss beat Holt comfortably 38-0, went down to Bury St Edmunds 15-32 in a hard fought match, bounced back with a 45-0 win against Southwold and lost narrowly 19-35 to Holt Two.
You may also want to watch:
The final with Southwold was conceded to Diss, ensuring the team of took away the shield.
The Diss U16 coach stated that 'overall, Diss played some good fast rugby and thoroughly enjoyed their day and were happy to take home a shield for their rewards.'
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters