Doe wins charity tournament at Diss
- Credit: Archant
Saturday saw the Diss Golf Club captain, Ken Bowman, host a competition involving all categories of members, specifically to raise funds for his chosen charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Stableford Competition attracted a field of 96, and was played in better weather than was forecast.
Ed Doe, pictured with the captain, took the overall winning position with an exceptional 42 points, with Trevor Woods winning the Men's section on countback from Roger Greenacre, Diss Senior captain, both scoring 39 points. Jenny Chamberlain took the Ladies prize scoring a splendid 40 points with Kerry Enever a close second on 38 points.
The main part of the day was to raise money for the charity, and over £1,500 was donated during the day, for which Ken is extremely grateful to all who contributed to what was a splendid day.
Brian Langmead, the outgoing captain, took the opportunity to present a cheque for over £3,000 to Nikki Young representing the MS Society, being his chosen charity during his term in office.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo