Doe wins charity tournament at Diss
- Credit: Archant
Saturday saw the Diss Golf Club captain, Ken Bowman, host a competition involving all categories of members, specifically to raise funds for his chosen charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Stableford Competition attracted a field of 96, and was played in better weather than was forecast.
Ed Doe, pictured with the captain, took the overall winning position with an exceptional 42 points, with Trevor Woods winning the Men's section on countback from Roger Greenacre, Diss Senior captain, both scoring 39 points. Jenny Chamberlain took the Ladies prize scoring a splendid 40 points with Kerry Enever a close second on 38 points.
The main part of the day was to raise money for the charity, and over £1,500 was donated during the day, for which Ken is extremely grateful to all who contributed to what was a splendid day.
Brian Langmead, the outgoing captain, took the opportunity to present a cheque for over £3,000 to Nikki Young representing the MS Society, being his chosen charity during his term in office.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget