Doe wins charity tournament at Diss
- Credit: Archant
Saturday saw the Diss Golf Club captain, Ken Bowman, host a competition involving all categories of members, specifically to raise funds for his chosen charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Stableford Competition attracted a field of 96, and was played in better weather than was forecast.
Ed Doe, pictured with the captain, took the overall winning position with an exceptional 42 points, with Trevor Woods winning the Men's section on countback from Roger Greenacre, Diss Senior captain, both scoring 39 points. Jenny Chamberlain took the Ladies prize scoring a splendid 40 points with Kerry Enever a close second on 38 points.
The main part of the day was to raise money for the charity, and over £1,500 was donated during the day, for which Ken is extremely grateful to all who contributed to what was a splendid day.
Brian Langmead, the outgoing captain, took the opportunity to present a cheque for over £3,000 to Nikki Young representing the MS Society, being his chosen charity during his term in office.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village