Drizzle fails to dampen spirits at Diss’ Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Lady members of Diss Golf Club invited friends from other clubs to join them for the annual Invitation Day event.
The weather sadly was not great – it 'drizzled' all day but it did not dampen the spirits of the ladies who were taking part.
A 4 Ball Better Ball competition was played and the scores at the end of play were close.
After a meal in the clubhouse the winners were announced.
In third place with a very good score of 39 Stableford points were Jenny Chamberlain (Diss) and Tina Daubney (Cretingham). Runners-up with 40 points were Sarah Gotts (Diss) and Jan Doe (Newton Green).
The winners on a countback also with 40 points were Philippa Bridges (Diss) and Chris Lynch-Bates (Fynn Valley).
A raffle was held before the day's play and the sum of £130 was raised for the 2017 Ladies' Captain's Charity – Multiple Sclerosis.
- 1 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
- 2 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 3 Why Russian diesel is still on sale in Norfolk
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 6 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 7 Obituary: 'Empathetic' social worker who cared for others her entire life
- 8 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 9 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears