Drizzle fails to dampen spirits at Diss’ Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Lady members of Diss Golf Club invited friends from other clubs to join them for the annual Invitation Day event.
The weather sadly was not great – it 'drizzled' all day but it did not dampen the spirits of the ladies who were taking part.
A 4 Ball Better Ball competition was played and the scores at the end of play were close.
After a meal in the clubhouse the winners were announced.
In third place with a very good score of 39 Stableford points were Jenny Chamberlain (Diss) and Tina Daubney (Cretingham). Runners-up with 40 points were Sarah Gotts (Diss) and Jan Doe (Newton Green).
You may also want to watch:
The winners on a countback also with 40 points were Philippa Bridges (Diss) and Chris Lynch-Bates (Fynn Valley).
A raffle was held before the day's play and the sum of £130 was raised for the 2017 Ladies' Captain's Charity – Multiple Sclerosis.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 8 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five