Drizzle fails to dampen spirits at Diss’ Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Lady members of Diss Golf Club invited friends from other clubs to join them for the annual Invitation Day event.
The weather sadly was not great – it 'drizzled' all day but it did not dampen the spirits of the ladies who were taking part.
A 4 Ball Better Ball competition was played and the scores at the end of play were close.
After a meal in the clubhouse the winners were announced.
In third place with a very good score of 39 Stableford points were Jenny Chamberlain (Diss) and Tina Daubney (Cretingham). Runners-up with 40 points were Sarah Gotts (Diss) and Jan Doe (Newton Green).
You may also want to watch:
The winners on a countback also with 40 points were Philippa Bridges (Diss) and Chris Lynch-Bates (Fynn Valley).
A raffle was held before the day's play and the sum of £130 was raised for the 2017 Ladies' Captain's Charity – Multiple Sclerosis.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 9 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors
- 10 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk