England call for Hipkiss
Leicester centre and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss has been called into the England rugby squad for next month's New Zealand tour.Hipkiss replaces fly-half Danny Cipriani, who faces six months on the sidelines after suffering a fracture.
Leicester centre and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss has been called into the England rugby squad for next month's New Zealand tour.
Hipkiss replaces fly-half Danny Cipriani, who faces six months on the sidelines after suffering a fracture.
England manager Martin Johnson has opted not to fill the tour vacancy with another number 10.
Hipkiss leapt into contention despite originally failing to make either the senior group or the England Saxons squad for their Barclays Churchill Cup campaign in the USA and Canada.
You may also want to watch:
Hipkiss said: “I obviously cannot help but feel for Danny and the injury he has suffered, and my thoughts are with him. However, this gives me a chance to tour New Zealand and it will be a very tough and challenging environment. The Rugby World Cup last year will hold me in good stead and it is an opportunity I am looking forward to.”
- 1 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 3 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 9 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages