England call for Hipkiss
Leicester centre and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss has been called into the England rugby squad for next month's New Zealand tour.Hipkiss replaces fly-half Danny Cipriani, who faces six months on the sidelines after suffering a fracture.
Leicester centre and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss has been called into the England rugby squad for next month's New Zealand tour.
Hipkiss replaces fly-half Danny Cipriani, who faces six months on the sidelines after suffering a fracture.
England manager Martin Johnson has opted not to fill the tour vacancy with another number 10.
Hipkiss leapt into contention despite originally failing to make either the senior group or the England Saxons squad for their Barclays Churchill Cup campaign in the USA and Canada.
You may also want to watch:
Hipkiss said: “I obviously cannot help but feel for Danny and the injury he has suffered, and my thoughts are with him. However, this gives me a chance to tour New Zealand and it will be a very tough and challenging environment. The Rugby World Cup last year will hold me in good stead and it is an opportunity I am looking forward to.”
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu