Final warm-up for Stradbroke
STRADBROKE Academy played their last warm-up before embarking on their league fixtures, losing to Mellis by four wickets. Openers Richard Pierce-Saunderson (52) and Tom Smith (12) put on 72 in a calm manner.
STRADBROKE Academy played their last warm-up before embarking on their league fixtures, losing to Mellis by four wickets.
Openers Richard Pierce-Saunderson (52) and Tom Smith (12) put on 72 in a calm manner.
Short of a team, Stradbroke lent Mellis three players. Showing scant regard for their employers, each took a wicket.
It needed a brisk stand from Chris Bacon (19 not out) and James Webster (12 not out) to hoist the score to 153.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, D Stringer (22) looked threatening, but it was loanee Owen Morgan who caught the eye. He was a young man on a mission, hitting hard, running hard, before retiring on 51, leaving young Liam Fairweather (18 not out) to see the visitors home.
Stradbroke Academy 153 for six (R Pierce-Saunderson 52 not out) Mellis Academy 154 for six (O Morgan 51 not out).
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England