Firsts cheer Diss A to vital win
The Diss v North Runcton match in the Alliance Premier Division was abandoned on Saturday.Despite the best efforts of willing volunteers trying to prepare a pitch for the home match against North Runcton the weather won in the end and the game had to be cancelled.
Tim Courridge starred with bat and ball as Diss A boosted their survival hopes in Division Five with a 119-run win at fellow strugglers Topcroft A.
Courridge made 111 as Diss piled on the runs, and then bagged four for 33 to help his side to a crucial victory.
The game was umpired with great professionalism by Simon Cooper.
This week will be a real test for Diss first team who are away to unbeaten to runaway league leaders Downham.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss versus North Runcton match in the Alliance Premier Division was abandoned on Saturday.
Despite the best efforts of willing volunteers trying to prepare a pitch for the home match against North Runcton the weather won in the end and the game had to be cancelled.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
As a result of this each team was awarded five points. This meant that Diss who had been in a well-deserved fourth place in the league dropped to fifth place overtaken by rivals Brooke who got in a game with an easy victory and 20 points.
The A-team match with Topcroft went ahead and, in a nice touch, the entire first team travelled to Topcroft to cheer their club-mates to victory.