Firsts cheer Diss A to vital win
The Diss v North Runcton match in the Alliance Premier Division was abandoned on Saturday.Despite the best efforts of willing volunteers trying to prepare a pitch for the home match against North Runcton the weather won in the end and the game had to be cancelled.
Tim Courridge starred with bat and ball as Diss A boosted their survival hopes in Division Five with a 119-run win at fellow strugglers Topcroft A.
Courridge made 111 as Diss piled on the runs, and then bagged four for 33 to help his side to a crucial victory.
The game was umpired with great professionalism by Simon Cooper.
This week will be a real test for Diss first team who are away to unbeaten to runaway league leaders Downham.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss versus North Runcton match in the Alliance Premier Division was abandoned on Saturday.
Despite the best efforts of willing volunteers trying to prepare a pitch for the home match against North Runcton the weather won in the end and the game had to be cancelled.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
As a result of this each team was awarded five points. This meant that Diss who had been in a well-deserved fourth place in the league dropped to fifth place overtaken by rivals Brooke who got in a game with an easy victory and 20 points.
The A-team match with Topcroft went ahead and, in a nice touch, the entire first team travelled to Topcroft to cheer their club-mates to victory.