Football round-up: Bowen brace fires Diss U10

DISS U10 beat Hellesdon 2-1 when a Charlie Bowen brace increased Diss' unbeaten run to seven games. Hellesdon took the lead early but from then on in it was all Diss. Bowen got his first after a brilliant pass from Cameron Rossell sent him clear to fire into the net. Bowen then added his second and Diss' second with a brilliant team goal, starting with a fine Dane Potter pass out wide which was matched with another brilliant cross from Rossell, which allowed Bowen to tap into the unguarded net. Mom: Charlie Bowen

DISS U11 battled well in the first leg of their cup semi-final away to Bulldogs. Steven Hines made some fine tackles in a very competitive match and Josh Musk pulled off several great saves. Diss were denied a goal in a frenetic goal-mouth scramble and the match was goalless at half-time. Bulldogs scored a breakaway goal in the second half, but MoM Sam Hunt delivered a great corner, which Lawrence Brown converted to give the boys a well-deserved 1-1 draw.

EYE SAINTS U14 beat Woodbridge Town B to reach the semi-final of the plate competition. Saints made a bright start and after 15 minutes, following a mix up in the Woodbridge defence, Joe Hooton scored. Saints started the second half well and soon went 2-0 up through Hooton. Ten minutes in, Hooton completed his hat-trick with a brilliant individual goal. In a five-minute spell Woodbridge scored twice to set up an exciting finish. Five minutes from time, a strong tackle and cross from Ryan Newton gave Levi Harris the opportunity to seal a 4-2 win for Saints. MoM Joe Hooton.

HARLESTON U13 recorded a second successive victory after beating lowly Newton Flotman 2-0. After a goalless first half, Harleston deservedly took the lead when a swift break down the right resulted in Brannigan Harvey crossing for Ollie Warrant to tap-in. The second goal arrived 10 minutes from time when Brannigan Harvey dribbled into the box and slid the ball home. Craig Ellis claimed MoM for a fine display at full-back, with Harvey also showing up well.

Most Read

HARLESTON U14 continued their poor run of form away to Burnt Hill. Antony Burlton's headed goal left the score 1-1 at half-time, but after the break the hosts were the livelier of the two teams and it wasn't long before they were 3-1 up. Harleston had a glimmer of hope when Terry Hope smashed one in from close range to make it 3-2 but Burnt Hill soon made it 4-2. Final score was 5-2 to Burnt Hill, MoM: Harry Gower.

Hempnall U13 travelled to Mutford and lost 3-1. Connor Garrod fired over before his pass set Will Harrowing through on goal. He was tripped by the keeper and Callum scored from the spot. Mutford came back into the game to score two quick goals before half-time. Hempnall conceded again early in the second half from a corner. Rhys Vertigans chasing back hooked the ball off the line as Mutford threatened to increase their lead. Will then smacked a shot onto the inside post and out and Callum had a goal disallowed.

SCOLE GIRLS U16 played Hempnall Hunnies and won 2-1. Hempnall took the lead early in the second half. This setback spurred Scole on and at last they began to play some good football. They eventually equalised when Diddy Coaker converted a right wing cross and the same player scored again, side-footing in from a corner. Girl-of-the-game Coaker had a couple more chances to complete her hat-trick but it wasn't to be and Scole hung on to gain a hard-fought win.

SCOLE LADS U11 lined up against an in-form Hellesdon side. Scole finished the first half the stronger with Hitch's quick thinking from a free-kick putting Manning through, his shot just going wide. Scole started to dominate and Manning carved an opening, beating two players in the box and then firing home the opening goal. Scole then quickly doubled their lead, Manning was tripped in the box and coolly placed the resulting penalty into the top corner. Final score: 0-2 to Scole. Man-of-the-match: Lewis Burrows.

SCOLE LADS U13 got off to a positive start with Everett scoring the first goal, swiftly followed by Eagle with the second. After another good run Gould played a great cross which Eagle popped in for 3-0. Lakenheath scored from a penalty but a fast run by Shipperlee gave Scole a corner, that was converted by Gould for 4-1. Payne made it 5-1 after a lovely run and Gould scored from a free-kick to finish the match 6-1. MoM: Gregor Shipperlee.

Diss u9 did themselves proud against Norwich United, taking the game to the league leaders in the early stages. Man of the match Ryan Davidson was instrumental in midfield for Diss, driving them forward and soon took an early lead with Aidan Browne scoring from close range. Diss defended well but could not prevent a Norwich equaliser, with a great header from a corner. Two superb saves from Diss keeper Kyle Bullingham kept Diss in the game in the second half but in the closing stages Norwich scored their winner. Final score: Diss 1, Norwich United 2.

SCOLE Vets lost 5-2 at Kings Head Loddon. Ingram opened the scoring for the hosts after 15 minutes. Some sloppy defending by Loddon and good persistence from Barrett and Orford led to Ruddock chipping home from 18 yards to equalise. Further chances fell to Barrett, Ruddock and Orford, and Noble's deep cross bounced out off the post. However, within 10 minutes of the second half the home side were 5-1 up. Scole pulled back a consolation goal, Noble lobbing the keeper after being put through by Ruddock.

Harleston turned in a another good home performance to finally secure a victory over bogey side Martham, and consolidate top spot in Anglian Combination Division Three. On the 15 minute mark Harleston took the lead. Fionn Goodwin Wright's excellently struck cross goal drive was to strong for the Martham keeper. Jake Imrie flicked the ball over his marker's head before firing in a quality volley from the edge of the box to double Harleston's lead going into the break.

After the break Imrie coolly slotted home Goodwin Wright's pass. With five minutes remaining, Martham pulled a goal back. Final score: Harleston 3 Martham 1.