Fun is the key word in parish versus pub match at Withersdale
- Credit: Archant
The sixth annual Pub v Parish cricket match took place at the Withersdale playing field on Sunday.
Parish team captain Mitchell Tompkins, led his team out to bat first and the team finished with 124 runs from their 20 overs.
Notable performances came from Will Wright, Sammy Fell, Mitchell Tompkins and 12-year-old Leighton Tompkins.
Sir Alfred Munnings Public House landlord and team captain Mark Shortt, had put together an enthusiastic team and they put on a respectable performance to score 65 in their 20 overs.
This was, as always, a great occasion when the villagers turn out to watch a fun cricket match where the emphasis is on taking part, whatever the level of skill and ability.
You may also want to watch:
Following the match, all participants and all spectators were invited to enjoy afternoon tea in the hall.
Barry Cable who was the scorer for the match.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Norfolk conservation groups get £1.5m boost from Green Recovery Fund
- 9 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk