Fun is the key word in parish versus pub match at Withersdale
- Credit: Archant
The sixth annual Pub v Parish cricket match took place at the Withersdale playing field on Sunday.
Parish team captain Mitchell Tompkins, led his team out to bat first and the team finished with 124 runs from their 20 overs.
Notable performances came from Will Wright, Sammy Fell, Mitchell Tompkins and 12-year-old Leighton Tompkins.
Sir Alfred Munnings Public House landlord and team captain Mark Shortt, had put together an enthusiastic team and they put on a respectable performance to score 65 in their 20 overs.
This was, as always, a great occasion when the villagers turn out to watch a fun cricket match where the emphasis is on taking part, whatever the level of skill and ability.
You may also want to watch:
Following the match, all participants and all spectators were invited to enjoy afternoon tea in the hall.
Barry Cable who was the scorer for the match.
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan