Fun is the key word in parish versus pub match at Withersdale
- Credit: Archant
The sixth annual Pub v Parish cricket match took place at the Withersdale playing field on Sunday.
Parish team captain Mitchell Tompkins, led his team out to bat first and the team finished with 124 runs from their 20 overs.
Notable performances came from Will Wright, Sammy Fell, Mitchell Tompkins and 12-year-old Leighton Tompkins.
Sir Alfred Munnings Public House landlord and team captain Mark Shortt, had put together an enthusiastic team and they put on a respectable performance to score 65 in their 20 overs.
This was, as always, a great occasion when the villagers turn out to watch a fun cricket match where the emphasis is on taking part, whatever the level of skill and ability.
You may also want to watch:
Following the match, all participants and all spectators were invited to enjoy afternoon tea in the hall.
Barry Cable who was the scorer for the match.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors