Furlong’s wonderstrike good enough to win it for Harleston
- Credit: PA
A very tight game was settled by a Ben Furlong wonderstrike from 35 yards with 10 minutes to go.
That effort was enough to win the game for Harleston Town at home to Norwich Ceyms 1-0 and keep alive Town's very slim title hopes alive.
Saturday's tussle proved a very even game which could have gone either way, with Will Viner keeping Town in the game at times with some great saves.
Harleston: Viner, Hitch, Howard, Furlong, Burke, S Willis, Page, Russell, Roberts, Howell, Blyth. Subs: Delaney, Pipe, O Willis,
Leaders' Spixworth's leading scorer Luke Tuttle is averaging more than a goal a game in the charge for the Premier Division title.
You may also want to watch:
The former Dereham man hit a hat-trick in their 3-0 win over reigning champions Acle on Saturday, making it 24 goals on 22 league appearances.
It leaves Spixworth eight points clear of Harleston, who have a game in hand.
- 1 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 4 Consultation launched on plans to merge primary and secondary schools
- 5 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 6 Town mayor officially welcomed in with civic ceremony
- 7 Mum and son,10, running 5k every week for homelessness charity
- 8 Police stop 51 drivers in day of action
- 9 Tractor fire leads to barn blaze
- 10 Man could face jail over crash which killed woman, 75, court hears