Furlong’s wonderstrike good enough to win it for Harleston
- Credit: PA
A very tight game was settled by a Ben Furlong wonderstrike from 35 yards with 10 minutes to go.
That effort was enough to win the game for Harleston Town at home to Norwich Ceyms 1-0 and keep alive Town's very slim title hopes alive.
Saturday's tussle proved a very even game which could have gone either way, with Will Viner keeping Town in the game at times with some great saves.
Harleston: Viner, Hitch, Howard, Furlong, Burke, S Willis, Page, Russell, Roberts, Howell, Blyth. Subs: Delaney, Pipe, O Willis,
Leaders' Spixworth's leading scorer Luke Tuttle is averaging more than a goal a game in the charge for the Premier Division title.
You may also want to watch:
The former Dereham man hit a hat-trick in their 3-0 win over reigning champions Acle on Saturday, making it 24 goals on 22 league appearances.
It leaves Spixworth eight points clear of Harleston, who have a game in hand.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse