Garboldisham Foxes beat Stags
CRICKET: Garboldisham Foxes played Old Buckenham Stags in the U17 Carter Cup.
This was a fascinating game played in good spirit by these two local rivals. The final result was Garbolisham 272 for 5, Old Buckenham 220 for 8.
Garby were put into bat. Ben Asker was unfortunate to be caught off the very first ball of the innings, a fiercesome full toss from B Ledboer that flew off his bat into the hands of Harry Dunkinson. Harry Youngson and Charlie Horn batted patiently, picking off the boundaries and singles, including a wonderful six from Youngson.
Garby lost three wickets in fairly quick succession. Horn (12), Youngson (41) and Jack Yallop (7).
Dan Taylor and Alex C ook were in sparkling form and reached half-centuries. Taylor finished on 64 not out. Cook reached 54 before being caught off Ryan Thompson. Jack Peart joined Dan Taylor for the last five or so overs and together they piled on 50 runs with Peart (28no) walloping the ball around the park. Old Buck had a chase on their hands but certainly looked up for it with Ryan Thompson looking very comfortable . L Bartlett wasn't so lucky as he edged his first ball, a pulsating delivery from Jack Peart, straight to the keeper Charlie Horn. Joe Paul caught and bowled M Long (8) and Rowan Freake took two wickets, bowling J Warner (2) and Harry Youngson caught G Meredith (29) for his second. Ryan Thompson was building the runs but was out for 87 when he miscued a slower ball from Ben Asker and Freake took a fine running catch.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Taylor cleaned up the lower order. Harry Dunkinson was 31 not out.
On June 19 Garboldisham face Sprowston and Old Buckenham come up against Swardeston.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 7 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 8 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Lidl suffers £25m losses after expansion