Garboldisham in ace form
Garboldisham take their fantastic current form to table-topping Blundeston this weekend.Last weekend Garboldisham B 191-7 beat Felthorpe A 100 all out.
Garboldisham take their fantastic current form to table-topping Blundeston this weekend.
Last weekend Garboldisham B 191-7 beat Felthorpe A 100 all out.
Stand-in skipper Andy Smith lost the toss and Felthorpe invited Garboldisham to bat. David Fidler and Kieran Eagle opened the batting, they moved the score on to 20 before Eagle (4) was bowled by Spicker.
Mark Larwood (10) was next to go but not before helping in a partnership of 52 with Fidler who was third out for 53.
Felthorpe came back into the game with some tight bowling and four further wickets.
At 130-7 with six overs to go Smith (14no) joined Ben Garwood (73no) in a partnership
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 War memorabilia to be displayed at Armed Forces Day in Diss
- 9 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 10 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
of 61 runs, the 16-year-old Garwood hitting everything off line for either four or six, including a massive hit right over the Shadwell pavilion.
After a brief shower during the tea interval, the Garboldisham seam attack of Chris Jones and Alex Hogg made life difficult for the openers.
But it was Eagle on at first change that took the first two wickets, one a superb catch from keeper Tom Ling, the other the first of three catches for Alistair Shepherd.
Skipper Smith then introduced the spin twins John Rogers and Ben Tippett.
The 15-year-old leg spinner Tippett (1-29) bowled tightly at one end and the left-armer Rogers wrapped up the match with a match-winning spell of 6-19.