Garboldisham in ace form
Garboldisham take their fantastic current form to table-topping Blundeston this weekend.Last weekend Garboldisham B 191-7 beat Felthorpe A 100 all out.
Garboldisham take their fantastic current form to table-topping Blundeston this weekend.
Last weekend Garboldisham B 191-7 beat Felthorpe A 100 all out.
Stand-in skipper Andy Smith lost the toss and Felthorpe invited Garboldisham to bat. David Fidler and Kieran Eagle opened the batting, they moved the score on to 20 before Eagle (4) was bowled by Spicker.
Mark Larwood (10) was next to go but not before helping in a partnership of 52 with Fidler who was third out for 53.
You may also want to watch:
Felthorpe came back into the game with some tight bowling and four further wickets.
At 130-7 with six overs to go Smith (14no) joined Ben Garwood (73no) in a partnership
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 6 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 7 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 8 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
of 61 runs, the 16-year-old Garwood hitting everything off line for either four or six, including a massive hit right over the Shadwell pavilion.
After a brief shower during the tea interval, the Garboldisham seam attack of Chris Jones and Alex Hogg made life difficult for the openers.
But it was Eagle on at first change that took the first two wickets, one a superb catch from keeper Tom Ling, the other the first of three catches for Alistair Shepherd.
Skipper Smith then introduced the spin twins John Rogers and Ben Tippett.
The 15-year-old leg spinner Tippett (1-29) bowled tightly at one end and the left-armer Rogers wrapped up the match with a match-winning spell of 6-19.